Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. roflking

roflking New Member

Did I meantion I'd really like an alpha access tier somewhere between $50 and $100? :p
  2. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Neutrino, what do you think about a +MAKEPOSTER command for PA? I loved the function in TA, and it would be great to see it return. Being able to take a huge screenshot at a specific level of zoom with full LOD across all units/trees/features/wreckage/etc would be amazing.
  3. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

I'd like to suggest that we have an army painter similar to the one in the Warhammer 40k games. A significant extension would be the "armor sets" seen in Space Marine, which allowed swapping specific armor piece models as well as adjusting the color scheme.

The painter alone would allow much greater flexibility with visual layouts while still using predefined textures/colors. I don't know how easy it would be to tell units apart for 40 players if we're only using primary colors, so allowing greater variance would add some uniqueness in spite of us all having the same toolbox of units.

In the event one hasn't played DoW or Space Marine, here's a youtube demonstrating the army/armor painters in action:

http://youtu.be/flFs0F6kJpI
    http://youtu.be/IlurHvYx0Ro?t=2m33s
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Frankly, I don't agree with an army painter. At this point there are only 4 colors Total per unit;

Yellowish-Orange/Red(This is clearly the Team-Color used to identify different players and will thus change for every player in a given game)
    Black
    Grey
    White Glow(Weapon/Tool ports and Optic)

So the only things you could adjust would be the Black/Grey/White, and those only cover what, at most30% of the model?

For two, the whole point of going with this style(aside from the economics) is the readability aspect of it. Readability isn't as big of a concern in games like DoW because not only is it like playing a game of baseball with binoculars strapped to your face, there are also so few units to keep track of.

In PA not only will have Strategic Zoom***, which allows you to view the entire battlefield or any portion of it an any zoom level, you'll also have the hundreds(potentially thousands) of units,you'll need to be able to easily recognize all of them so you can make the appropriate decisions.

***Actually I don't think this has been spcifically confirmed yet, thought I'm assuming it's a given as they talked about being "zoomed in" in the KS Video.

Mike
  5. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

Choosing a primary (light) and secondary (dark) color and a glow color would be enough in my eyes.

Maybe add a weapon plasma/laser color.

You'd be all set!
  6. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

+1

That'd actually be a nice feature to have. A fringe feature however, too.
  7. acey195

acey195 Member

except for the part where the team color would clash with your color-scheme and make it fugly XD. Also, certain coloring may be camouflaging as an effect, which should not be allowed IMO.

also, in a seperate thread I guess?
  8. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

So since this is a pretty big topic, I created a new thread to discuss it in detail:

http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=34569

Hope that's ok. :)
  9. saintwacko

saintwacko New Member

Sprint RTS has a rather excellent feature where if you build a building in the same location as the wreckage from that same type of building, it will take less time, metal, and energy. It makes sense, and it's very helpful for rebuilding after an attack.
  10. KNight

That was in Supreme Commander as well.

Mike
  11. saintwacko

saintwacko New Member

That may actually be where I'm remembering it from, then. I can never remember which features are in which. Another nice feature to do with wreckage which I don't think is in SupCom is resurrection units. They can spend energy and metal to resurrect destroyed units and structures from wreckage, as long as the wreckage wasn't too badly damaged.
    Oh, and nano-turrets, for assisting in building/repairing/reclaiming!
  12. felipec

felipec Active Member

13. xedi

xedi Active Member

Added stretch goals etc from the latest kickstarter update.
  14. zordon

zordon Member

Any chance you could change the yellow, its near impossible to read.
  15. ascythian

ascythian Member

Underwater bases. I think this was in supreme commander 2, where land bases were not the only way to get ahead [there was also some of this in 3rd party ta units and official like the seaplane factory].
  16. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

Will you still be able to give units to people outside your alliances like you could in TA?
  17. xedi

xedi Active Member

Confirmed matchmaking, added underwater bases suggestion, and changed yellow colour.
  18. zordon

zordon Member

Thanks much easier to read now.
  19. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

Hi folks,

what about vetran units (10 kills = vetaran unit) ? Didn't saw anybody mention them before. I would like to have vetarans back as in TA, where they had better aim and higher damage. Would be cool if they would get an optical upgrade from a normal unit as well, but that just would be a sweet extra :)
  20. KNight