Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

I love your contribution Mike! reading all your knowledge en stuff is very informative!
    Keep up the good work, love the list! i watch it quite often to as a reminder what will be in the game!
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This thread is now unsticky. The original post was November 2012 stale, and Knight offered to take over maintenance of the new thread.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I also included a link to this thread in the new one so it's easy to find if needed.

Mike
  4. nonode

nonode New Member

Sorry for not reading the entire 57 pages of this thread ;)

About the economic system you could think about harvesting the astroids or otherwise get your cause funded by civilizations.

I think besides the total annihilation of the other player, which is a really nice of coarse, there should be another "financial" reason to elliminate the others. maybe harvest the chips and wreckages of the planet and stuff on it you just blew to pieces and/or get support from your "people". or maybe even blackmail planets not to blow them away. :twisted:

Also the LAN function that is included is really important! place make some way we do not need any internet connection to launch this. Could be very well like the first starcraft multiplayer system. Have players install fraction of the game which will only work when someone in the LAN who has the full game installed is making a game. You could even make it that everyone needs the entire game but that in the installation this needs to be linked to one host who will be creating the games.
    You could think maybe think of a code that is generated during the installation of the host which the host can than share with the others in the lan who can than install the game using that code. Those others in the lan will than automaticly when starting the game be connected to the host which generated the installation code.

hope this helps a little :)
  5. johnson33

johnson33 New Member

These are just confirmed features in general, we don't know when they'll be released with an update.
  6. wmillen

wmillen New Member

Has anybody brought up the feature that Supreme Commander had where you could save layouts of building groups as a construction option? I think that would be useful for when you want to build large resource gathering areas and such.
  7. blocky22

blocky22 Member

Suggested it myself (not in reference to SC)

seen it a couple of times.
  8. nonode

nonode New Member

9. timberwolf1777

timberwolf1777 New Member

I first want to say that I haven't been this excited for a new computer game in about a decade and haven't had this much fun playing one since SupCom FA. I am already addicted to the beta version, limited as it is. A Big Thank you Uber.

Just a confirmation of something that I have searched for but have found no posting. (I am probably just too much of a forum n00b to find it and apologize if it has been covered somewhere) I can only assume that selectable spawn locations for both players and AI will be implemented. I tend to play against the AI a lot and like to have a sustained challenge from them. Right now, they all spawn on the same planet as I do and I can't select to start them on other planets yet. They very quickly will kill me unless I launch my Commander off-world and then, since they don't follow, I inevitably win. I am sure their AI will be improved to allow them to expand to other planets but was also wondering if I will be able to set up a system where each player (Human or AI) will each start alone on a planet. I would love to be able to select the AI players' different spawn locations across the solar systems. Thanks.
  10. KNight

How is it you found the old defunct thread and not the stickied, updated thread?

Mike
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  11. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Probably took everyone elses advice and used search feature :p
  12. timberwolf1777

Yep. Did a lot of searches for related topics and read a bunch of threads looking for anything that might answer my question. Posted here as it seemed the most applicable.
  13. KNight

Search results are ranked by date of posting, the current one should have shown up first if that was the intent of the search.

I'd suggest checking out the Sticky threads.

Mike
  14. timberwolf1777

Found the sticky thread. Copy and pasting my original post. Thanks very much
  15. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

Only if the specific content he searched for was present in both threads. Points for trying though timberwolf. you've done much better than post first time posters do :D
  16. KNight

That is true.

Mike
  17. pappe

pappe New Member

hi everyone,

I love PA, and I think it's one of the best games so far. And as it is in the beta phase, we have the opportunity as gametester to improve the game. And I have come to a point that isn't yet full wellthought. When you conquered as a refugee an other planet in the hope build up your eco again and you're doing it first in the game, your planet will become a fortress and as soon as someone lands on it with a comander or any bot they will be destroyed. in return when you're on the mainplanet destroyed your only way to win the game is to smash a moon into the main planet and hope the enemy's comander will die.
    I think you can improve the planetary conquer and interplanetary battle quite a bit. for example you could made a tier3 (not for combatforces but for addition buildings) and implement something like a "spaceshipdock" where you can build a trooptransporter (for like 8 tanks/bots). sure it has to be balanced out with the orbital lander (has to be much more expensive). such a trooptransporter can only used one time, meaning from moon to planet or vise versa, because it can only land when it crashed with the ground :)
    else i hope the "botcannon" as it is in the trailer will be impelemted in the game. as well as the interplanetary nuke and antinuke, but with imense costs (also t3)
    for tier3 they could make t3 mex, t3 turret, t3 "spacedock" for transporters and something like the walker (AT-AT) in star wars! and the t3 bots aren't that faster than t2. only a bit more effective (like comander in eco-use).
    as the battlesystem is now you cannot attack a unit when it is outer space and I like that, else the game would become something like O-game or so.

what do you think about t3 with it's possibility to build transporters, walkers, interplanetary nukes/antinukes and else additional endgame buildings?
  18. KNight

I think we already have countless threads that cover these topics already.

Mike
  19. Yaljin

Yaljin New Member

Feature set suggestion - Order complete notice

Currently we have a "flash notice" appear where the commander is attacked or when a building is completed. And you can click the flash notice to go to the location. This is great :)

Could we have a tab that lists all of the completed orders. That this tab be hidden or shown as by user choice.

Suggestions in a perfect world:

Have a side preference pane that allows you to choose what you are to notified about.
    Be able to put each type of notification into primary, secondary and tertiary category. Each may have a colour.
    - Primary flash on your screen, with a sound (user could define from options which sound)
    - Secondary, just a sound
    - Tertiary just appear in the order completion tab

Things that you could be notified about:
    Commander under attack
    Commander has no orders
    Building complete
    Building has no orders
    Unit being attacked
    Fabricator # has no orders
    New unknown unit has appeared on your radar, maybe define which radar

Advanced:
    Be able to define geography locations e.g. Northern pass.
    That notifications contain the geographic name