Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. lynxnz

lynxnz Member

i'd like to see something like this. even if its just hovering over a username shows ELO or trueskill rank
  2. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

:shock:

This would make me incredibly happy.
  3. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

I dunno, that would be incredibly confusing.
    Last edited: March 5, 2013
  4. soldans

soldans Member

Will we be able to build air factories in the water? :p
  5. seradest

seradest New Member

first sorry for my bad English an here is my solution for this.

the classic way is 2vs2 ,3vs3 ,4vs4 and so on............
    we all know it i don't must explain it
    so when anyone start an match he can optionally chose the classic mode or the share/coop mode

(i always think about an team that speaks with headset together !!!)
    here is the difference:

1.Resources
    classic= each team member use his own metal and energy
    share/coop= each team member use the energy and metal together what the team member has an energy and metal has the other member too and when anyone of them use it both lost energy or metal

2.select units
    classic=every team member has his own units and only him can use them
    share/coop=every team member can use any unit of all his team members BUT when someone select units the other members cant select this units too AND the units has an marker to show every team member that player X is using this units.
    when an team member select units and make groups from it for hotkey selection.
    he has an limit of 4 groups with 12 units in it for every group at maximum.
    no one in team can select this units that are in this groups.

3.build things
    classic= i dont explain this any more -.-
    share/coop= when anyone build things the other team member can see what is building right now.he cant stop building he cant manipulate the number of ther things that be build.

4.Commander
    classic= i dont explain this any more
    share/coop= in this mode no team member can use the commander of an other member
    when an commander dies the game is not over.
    the player with the commander that is dead can spectate the game.
    the other members can rebuild the commander from his team mate.
    when the commander is rebuild only than the member that was dead can use anything as before.
    when the win option is "commander dead =win" the enemy team must kill all commanders in this mode to win the match.
    When commander fight again anything or build together anything the become an boost of 5% in hit/build time or what ever for every commander that is helping.
    but only in share/coop mode

5.Commands (not commander)
    When anyone select an unit and say to it "hold this position" the unit don't move.
    you can deselect it and an other team member can select it but when you make an command the unit say "permission denied by player X" that is possible for set waypoints and make an "guard follow this unit" command.
    When you want........ when you want you can use an mini option menu for your team and can optionally select an permission for someone in your team ,so he can use units that are on hold,guard,follow or whatever......

6.Rage quit/server leaver
    for every team member that left the server for more than 5 min(rage quit) the team become as an compensation 15% of his metal and energy as an onetime bonus for every team member that left the game.
    After this 5min the team member that is quit from the server CANT rejoin before the match is over.
    (the minutes are fictional or optional)

so that's very simple rules for an very simple game
    the only thing you must have is

1.4x Headsets
    2.3 good friends
    3.an voice software like Teamspeak
    4.an good ping for the server
  6. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

I foresee issues with people wanting a certain group of units to go one way, while another player wants them to go another. When Player A deselects his tanks to go attack, Player B could immediately select those same tanks and tell them to go defend a mex.

4 groups of 12 is also only 48 units. The scale of this game is significantly larger than that.

Your proposed method of handling the commander also seems... well, not very intuitive. Chances are that after the commander died the remaining team members cannot rebuild the ACU. The process of elimination of teammates would also be grueling, assuming you could rebuild the commander after his fiery death.

I would think that if you gave one player complete control of land units, another aircraft, the last commanding the navy, and each getting their own engineers, it would be simpler. However, more than likely, it would still be really hard to cooperate dividing the resource stream. The traditional method is probably best.
  7. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

Commander Upgrades?

on screen radar warning or more heads up UI
  8. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

There are no commander upgrades. Each commander comes with its own set of abilities, unless you make a mod for that.
  9. mapman

mapman New Member

Sorry if this has been posted and I missed it. I love FA. I love the art direction of PA much more.
    War games should be about war. Certain things about FA detracted from this. The economics of T1 engineers and their build power created the early engie spam, attack move reclaim, and lately the t1, light bot, tree bulldozer exploit/bug. I hope you will devote some resources to seek out these dynamics and squash them before they become a part the release. I remember when SC vanilla came out, people would partial reclaim their factories as a source of spare mass. Some elements are so integral to the game that they cant be fixed after release.
    Nothing bothers me more than the weight given to the skill of stacking the most number of T1 engies around a FA factory w/o blocking the exit.

Maybe T1 engineers should have to climb into a set rack before they can assist and this floats above the ground. Maybe while assisting the factory they behave like kennel drones in the air.

I hope my suggestions are helpful.
    Last edited: March 9, 2013
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Wasn't that patched out of Vanilla SupCom? Even if it wasn't I know that's not how Reclaim works in Forged Alliance.

Mike
  11. mapman

mapman New Member

Yes, I was giving an example of something that can be fixed after release before suggesting that T1 engie spam cannot.

It would be nice, in a multiplayer game, if a player who has to leave the game could give all his units to a player that is watching. He has to be alive and he has to leave the game afterward. It should be an option in the network disconnect eject dialog. Players with connection problems could be replaced by observers.
  12. instantshadow

instantshadow New Member

how about destroyed vehicles,structures, bots atuaclly can be recycled, like ehn a bot explodes it become debre, and can be draged back to base to be harvested/recycled for maybe 1/10 of it's value or so
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

14. instantshadow

instantshadow New Member

oh sry my bad, coooool :), will try to come up with other ideas then
  15. instantshadow

instantshadow New Member

How about ai controls for certain units, if attacked run! or even run towards base, or run towards closest turret or military unit
  16. instantshadow

instantshadow New Member

1.are mines a part of defensive structures?

2. are there any planned way to avoid getting a comet in you're face? like planting counter thrusters on the comet making it go way off course, or will it be certain death?

3. how about being able to steal tech and res from oponents

4. how about robots have finite (not infinte) energy and will have to go back to base and recharge, or go to a node with power on it, this would make it intresting combat and also would encourage players to expand and not turtle in their base
  17. instantshadow

instantshadow New Member

have any of you seen the episode of the league where a villain builds a big satelite in SPACE! which uses magnetic rings to launch comets right down into earth? it was awsome!
  18. calebc789c

calebc789c New Member

honestly, i would be interested to see the possibility of a build-your-own-super-space-ship design. The idea is basicly base-building but in space, and the base can be controled as a unit. People can build the ship by starting with a single control unit which you select to command it, then build platforms for units to move around on, then build bases, static weapons, and probably even some decorative stuff on that building space. Maybe even make it multi-level with an elevator for units to travel between floors on. then you can add engines and stuff to make it move. Also, Ship raiding and capturing a ship for your use.

Pretty crazy for an idea, but it would definitely open up more strategy options (I.E build a planetary invasion ship to squander the forces on the ground or build a spy ship with radar and stealth, or just build a ship that blows stuff up and nothing else)

(For some reason I cant help but imagine people building penis or vagina ships to insult their enemies even more)
  19. bluelion

bluelion New Member

Suggestion:

Training mode (i.e. Commander BOOTCAMP :) )

One of the objectives of this mode is teaching a new player on how to quickly and efficiently build a good economy.
    Perhaps it can be accompanied by a digitized voice of a drill seargent saying stuff like:
    "Now build a metal extractor here!" - Flashing hologram or an arrow to the location.

As the training progresses, the hand holding will diminsh and be replaced with objectives.
    i.e. Generate +NNN Metal and +MMM energy in X minutes.

I think such a training mode would really help.
  20. mauily

mauily New Member

Whilst I understand the most appealing aspect of Planetary Annihilation is going to be that tingly feeling of blowing an enemies' base/planet to bits, I can't help but ask what is the current stance on capture/infiltration/non lethal features of combat? Something that excites me about an RTS is turning my enemies precious weapons against them when they least expect it!

For those members of the Planetary Annihilation team who worked on generals: zero hour I'm talking along the lines of concepts like (but not limited to):

The GLA saboteur (disabling defences/production, stealing resources, using the enemy radar to reveal the enemies' locations, reset or even use an enemies' super weapon against them).

Chinese neutron shells (neutralise the enemy into a state where they can be taken over by your own units)

EMP (disable the enemy into a state where they cannot attack or move).

Black lotus (the ability to rapidly take control over enemy buildings).

Stealth.

Have these been considered yet?