Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. xedi

xedi Active Member

I'm constantly adding new facts as I find them to the first post, so checking it when it's bumped isn't really the best thing to do. I think it's good if we can hear everyone's ideas about which core features would really enhance the game.
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

"I'm creating this thread to collect confirmed features and so that everyone can contribute their ideas for what this game really should get right."
  3. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

It might be a good idea for you to post the difference every time you edit the initial post, so everyone can just check the updates.
  4. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Uber_neutrino mentioned proper multithreading:

Many of us will remember Supreme Commander doing a poor-man's multithreading by processing specific high-level functions on specific cores. So AI would be done on one core, sound on another.

Uber_neutrino's post seems to imply that parallelizable components will be smaller and more easily spread across multiple cores.
  5. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

ErastosValentin from Reddit mentioned "Plans as first-class game entities" and uber_neutrino confirmed liking the idea.

I've had the same idea for many years. This makes it especially easy to use transports in a more effective way, since they get destroyed so often and you usually want waves of units being dropped off in the same place to launch an attack.

6. flashbang232

flashbang232 New Member

Coming from a total annihilation background, I really feel chat shouldn't be as a blue :p

Also, I know in ta and supcom there's the click + drag (for ta there's a user-made addon of pressing X and click/drag to line build)
    Would be cool.

Also, something for replaying. Record the games, replay the recording, for something like learning from what your opponent does.
    (inspired from TA Demo Recorder - user made addon for ta)

Lols, im a ta nerd. :lol:

Great to see this. I registered immediately.
    I really see something in this game! :cool: Looks badass, and I'm pretty sure that's just the intro.

I have a question, how will the whole smashing planets-into-asteroids and such work? I'm sure there will need to be a realistic physics algorithm(s) and such, but on-screen, how will that play out? Will the screen be changable for perspective, or will the screen be static like in TA? (I know strategic zoom was offered and I agree, but the screen can still be static on an x/z axis)

What are we looking at in terms of performance - i won't lie, i have a **** computer but lols. I know this will be answered....given time...and money! :D

Also, I'd like clan tags. As a TA player, im part of a clan. Wanna keep that rollin into here.
    either a choice of [XX] brackets around whatever you put in, or XX_<yourname> as 2 suggested "formats"

:)
  7. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

8. ferigad

ferigad Member

Would be cool if they beginn to post all that stuff in one package on Kickstarter....
  9. coreta

coreta Member

Xedi, congratulations for your work. This is very usefull!
    I wondered if you can add a date (or something else) to each new line in order to see easily what you have added since the previous reading.
  10. Nelec

Nelec Member

Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but why will shields not be present?
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You mean aside from because they chose to not include them? This is working more from TA than FA, it's be talked about a bit here and there before.

Mike
  12. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I'd like there to be an official feature list sometime as well. (that said, kudos to xedi for his work on this thread)

I'd also like the higher tier strechgoals to be revealed too...

Also:

It looks unlikely (echoing OrangeKnight) -- at least in vanilla w/o stretch-goals, but with modding support hopefully something like this can be implemented into the game post-release.

I also can't speak for others, but I'd like to see a TA Total Conversion as well, especially if there is only one faction, or the factions turn out substantially different from what could be expected of a TA [spiritual] sequel.
  13. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Xedi, can you post a reply to the forum when you add something? It's the only way we can see a transaction and be automatically alerted when something is added to the list.

Also, could you add "Unit Sharing" as a suggested feature?

And "Saving Procedurally Generated Maps"?
    And "Production Tab".
  14. xedi

xedi Active Member

I added the production tab suggestion, the rest was already there.
  15. xedi

xedi Active Member

Added shared unit control confirmation by Neutrino.
  16. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

I really hope we reach the stretch goals, and I really hope Naval and Matchmaking make it into the game before a stupid singlemplayer campaign...
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

He only agreed it was a good idea, he didn't confirm it would be in.
  18. Satch3L

Satch3L Member

Was shared unit controlled really confirmed by neutrino? To me it looked like he only agreeing it was a good idea!

Maybe wanna change this from green to orange?
  19. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

20. geijhan

geijhan New Member

This probably falls under "plans" but could Ferry points as implemented in Supreme Commander be added as a suggestion?