Computer Hardlocks

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by WantstoWhine, January 10, 2011.

1. skyturnedred

skyturnedred New Member

I just bought the game, and for me the hardlock so far has happened at the exact same moment twice now. I was playing the tutorial, and after placing the turrets, it shows a message "Press CTRL to use juice" or something like that. Twice now, it has hardlocked exactly when the message to use juice pops up. I'll try playing some normal games, and then test again later if it happens on tutorial again.

Edit: Okay, playing single player game caused hardlock within 20 seconds.
  2. djokson

djokson New Member

I have the exact same problem as skyturnedred.
  3. skyturnedred

skyturnedred New Member

Okay, seem to have discovered a fix. Found a post suggesting ATI video card users to switch to older drivers. I was using the 10.12 catalysts, but after switching back to 10.8, the game no longer seems to freeze. So, if you have an ATI card, try using that. Played for about an hour or so with no problems, so I feel safe in saying it should fix the problem.
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're looking into ATI issues, seems the drivers are a bit flakey.
  5. WantstoWhine

WantstoWhine New Member

Some people on the Steam forum have been encountering the same issue, and solving it by the same means (driver roll-back to 10.8).

I'm running Catalyst 10.12 and having no hardlocks in Windows 7 64-bit, whereas I was having hardlocks in XP with most recent driver version. I don't know if that helps narrow down the problem but there you go.
  6. neg

neg New Member

any updates on this issue? having the same problem win xp pro sp3/ati 10.12 drivers hardlock after 3-10minutes of playing
  7. WantstoWhine

WantstoWhine New Member

Temporary fix is a roll-back to driver version 10.8, or get Windows 7.
  8. neg

neg New Member

i can only roll back to 10.10b on xp due to the fact i have a 6870, plus the 10.10's suck for pretty much every other game i play so it really isnt worth rolling back just for mnc :\
  9. neg

neg New Member

still looking for an update on this D:
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

This is an issue that we're working with ATI on. We're still waiting on some feedback from them.
  11. neg

neg New Member

games still completely unplayable for me D:
  12. qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop New Member

I have basically the same problem, I can't play the game because it freezes and I can't access the computer in any way so I need to restart it.

I have an ATI card and I have tried to roll back to 10.8 version, on a 64 bit system. It freezes after just 10-20 seconds of playing anything. The game is bought from Steam.

Was there really no one testing this game before launch with any of these specs? How is it possible to release a game that is completely unplayable for some people?

I really feel bad for purchasing this game and not checking if there were problems beforehand...

edit: after reading some other threads too, I can't understand how this game was released at all. You should feel bad. But then again, it was only 11 euros on steam. Good games cost 49 euros on launch...
  13. ums

ums New Member

Yeah, the game is unplayable for me too - and I'm on nvidia. But we're getting similar issues (hard lock requiring power down). Feh.
  14. ComputerSlayer

ComputerSlayer New Member

This sounds similar to the problem I'm having--the game is also unplayable for me.

The game freezes, background sounds continue to roll for a few seconds, and keyboard combinations (alt+f4, alt+tab, windows-key, ctrl+alt+del) don't allow escape from the game after a freeze like this. A hard reboot is required.

http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6712
  15. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

i was getting freezes and video driver failures. took someones advice and roll backed my ATI drivers from 10.12 to 10.8 and no more crashes.

still cant join servers tho. i feel like i am in a public beta @_@
  16. neg

neg New Member

has anyone who has the issue tried the 11.1/11.1a's ati drivers yet?
  17. Aw4ke

Aw4ke New Member

Heyo Folks,
    i purchased the Game Yesterday and I also have the very same probs.... I'm also an ATI User (and on Version 11.1 now...) but it still doesn't work...... GNAH! So right now im downloading the older version 10.8 like your advised in this thread. Looking forward to fix it this way :/

EDIT: Im back in vers. 10.8 now and everything works fine (i played 2 hours now without any freeze, crash etc.) Wahay :D

Greez
    Aw4ke
    Last edited: January 27, 2011
  18. p3taSan

p3taSan New Member

I am experiencing a similar problem. I can play the game maxed out for 5 to 10 minutes but after this i get lots frame drops to 0 for a few seconds then normal play then freezes again. While this is happening the hdd led is constantly on. I haven't experienced any hardlocks yet because i quit the game when it starts to freeze.
  19. neg

neg New Member

good to know atleast that 11.1 dont work |: saves me updating drivers for no reason, still sucks for those of us which cant downgrade to anything below 10.10 as any earlier drivers than that dont support 6850/6870 cards on win xp

this doesnt sound like the same problem that people are having with ATI cards as you wouldnt be able to close the game before it locks up since it doesnt actually slow down/frame drop it just hard locks after 5-10minutes, similar but unrelated i think D:
  20. ComputerSlayer

ComputerSlayer New Member

Yep, another confirmation of catalyst 10.8 being able to run the game, rather than 10.12.