Competitive MNC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by FreeLanceFoX, January 3, 2011.

1. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

I've just joined Team Bacon temporarily - I want some fun matches/challenges - I'm thinking of eventually making a team with some friends.
  2. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

No. Monopolies aren't illegal on this forum. One team to rule them all!
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

4. billuster

billuster New Member

My tf2 team is all buying this game, its the coolest 3rd person game i've ever played. Loved the team dynamics and gameplay, and we will be trying to play comp on our off time. My steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Billuster , Feel free to add me if you want to scrim or play. May be getting a scrim server, and also wondering if there is an irc channel for MNC players? Also we may not have 6, so if your interested in joining our 6s team , add me also. Thanks
  5. zanarias

zanarias Member

Any group is welcome to advertise on this forum, just as any person can ask someone else to join their team :/. I don't see a problem trying to get new players for Team Bacon if nobody else is even going to try. I haven't seen a single other thread for a clan in the PC section of the forums (apart from that "fun group" thread everyone kind of ignored >_>), and that indicates to me that nobody else WANTS to invite others. If nobody else is going to, we may as well try and get internal scrims going on by getting more players ourselves.
  6. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

7. do0t

do0t New Member

My guess is because there is no comp scene for MNC. There's a mention of it on the forum with a few people's injects, some people joined one steam group and some joined another blah blah. That obviously doesn't a competition make. Pub groups playing 6s and enjoying life is what it makes, until such time as the competition part of competitive MNC is defined.

Foxy's mad because he gets head-shot by snipers and back-stabbed by assassins - calls them both OP - and then yells at me because I don't heal him. Just kidding. <3 you fox bro. :D
  8. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I will sponser ANY team that wishes to a seperate teamspeak channel for thier use. I will also be offering once update 5 release's free use of a server for any team thats wants to hold matches etc. details are forth coming but basicly you will be able to reserve a server for private use for 48 hours.
  9. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

I'd be interested someday. You'd have to have class limits...maybe two of each and 1 sniper. Also, some sort of HLTV would be nice to help detect cheaters.
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Well, I know of at least one clan looking into MNC right now. They are not advertising their presence yet since half the team members are completely new to the game.
  11. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

RAR and BNC had some fun games last night. Only 2 from each clan on a team and we were on a pub server. Wasn't serious or organized, but it was fun playing some skilled players.

Too bad I was suckin' it up. Maybe next time I'll play better. :lol:
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

HLTV detects as many cheaters as watching F1 as spectator, POV demos are what is required.

Limiting Sniper to 1 would be the ultragimp and early death for any serious team, I could agree to a general limit of 2 though.
  13. FreeLanceFoX

FreeLanceFoX New Member

You guys know what I mean, don't give new players the impression that Team Bacon is the only team simply because they have a Steam group. =\

Anyway, I've already talked to one clan about scrimming, krz, and they are apparently playing Team Bacon right now. If anyone is interested in starting to feel out how comp works, I would suggest looking up krz. Bill or myself, or anyone at Team Bacon.
  14. grimbar

grimbar New Member

15. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

We just scrimmed krz. Fun games.

Shoutout to nonis - nice sniping man.
  16. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Agreed with the demos, but as a former league admin, it's amazing how many personal demos become "missing", "corrupted", or the person can't be reached, etc :roll: So that's why it's nice to have a HLTV: at least it's something.

And my class limit suggestion is just speculation. I haven't played in a real MNC match yet, so we'll have to see what it's like. Personally I'd love to see a highlander league (i.e. all class limits = 1, so each team must run 1 of each class). TFC and TF2 highlander was awesome back in the day
  17. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Leagues where I come from make it mandatory to record and keep those demos and award forfeits on the inability to provide a demo on request, simple yet effective.