Competitive MNC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by FreeLanceFoX, January 3, 2011.

1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Gotta play 6-man support some day :>
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I'm down. I've been discussing this a lot...
  3. zanarias

zanarias Member

Sounds scary but I'd be up for it.
  4. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Well, count me in. Let's see how well it will do.
  5. FreeLanceFoX

FreeLanceFoX New Member

What I gather from the conversation thus far is, then, that you all should go about forming teams. With the full release of MNC not too far away, the influx of new players can mean an influx of competitive players if there are already some teams formed.

I already have a little group going with some of my mates, but we're at around 4/6 players. If you're active in MNC we'd love to hear from you, especially if you're a US-East player. Find me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968426253
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I don't see an established group under your name FreeLance, but I created a group that apparently is grabbing quite a few players attention.

Here's the topic we made for it:
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6068
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

You will rarely reach OT in "competitive" MNC.

K/D does not equal success. You can have an negative K/D and still be in first easy.
  8. do0t

do0t New Member

Game ends when SB says it ends.
  9. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Actually, what I meant by normally positive k/d is by having players that don't die all the time.

Example: 0-22. Would that seem like a very good player?

I also mentioned that team mechanics are important... :)
  10. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

That reminds me of a match I had today, the opposing team had 3 snipers on grenade3. They obviously all had positive K/D and my team had negative K/D and we still won with 6 minutes to spare.

The scoreboard is not setup practical for the game objective. K/D is almost irrelevant bench of success. More detailed stats might be interesting, like the bot kills of a player, turret kills by player, Damage to money ball, and turret kills.

Also I do agree that OT in competitive matches would likely happen less than it does in pubs.
  11. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Sigh, that's not what I meant at all. Whatever... I give up :| .
  12. Polynomial

What does it matter if your team wins? That's what we are saying.
  13. Terror

Terror New Member

KDA doesnt mean everything. But idf you dont die you deny the opposing team a source of income
  14. Polynomial

I agree. But what if you still just win?
  15. SALT

SALT New Member

I think an alternative overtime needs to be presented before mnc can be competitive at all. Having the winner decided by who can suicide rush the enemy's money ball faster while each team spams jackbots for no reason is kind of silly.
  16. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

??? A lot of games don't end in overtime. It depends if you rape their base and keep your bots safe or not. If you're playing with randoms then it may be hard to do so though.
  17. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

I'm definitely interested. I guess I should look for a competitive clan/group to join. I don't think I'm anywhere near the competitive playing level (yet), but I need more challenging players/teams to fight/practice with.

I have seen quite a few talented players that could probably play competitively.
  18. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Then get on team bacon. At least that's consolidation for now. That team has some good players in it that you can practice or fight with.
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

There are some things that need to be adressed before the game can have any long-term competitive success:

• - the Tank is in the world group and doesn't inherit the proper LOD settings for models

- protags have inconsistent LOD

- the Gunner doesn't have any LOD in the class menu

- using our very own FPS config the weapon of the assassin stays visible for a noticeable amount of time when you cloak (yes, that's how we spot you even easier when you try to run away)

- you can get to some pretty ridiculous spots on spunky, steel peel and other arenas which should technically count as "out of bounds"

These might look like minor things to some and the LOD inconsistencies don't have an impact on the game but the rest will be used to an advantage and anyone who doesn't know about these things (I will not publicly release that config but should the devs ask for it I'll be happy to provide it) will be at a disadvantage.

Regarding teams: they exist most of them just don't have enough guys or are not good enough or are not interested in playing EU versus NA.

Sunday's sermon out
  20. FreeLanceFoX

FreeLanceFoX New Member

Hey guys I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't use this topic as an opportunity to create some kind of monopolistic uber-team. Right now Team Bacon is ginormous and the way everyone says "JOIN TEAM BACON" every time some new player sounds interested is vaguely anti-competitive. My friends and I have a team but with no Steam group or site yet, for instance. We just play together in Ventrilo. There's surely a lot of groups like that already, and it's going to be better for the community if we can begin fostering multiple teams.

That's not to say you can't recruit on the forums, but don't poach new players by saying "Team Bacon is the only team," because that's not true.