Community UberBalance Games!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, October 23, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Hammer -> Nail
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

which is the hammer here though? that is the question ...
    from my point of view we have like 4 competitors for that being dox, slammer, bolo and leveler ...
  3. mered4

The Slammer, Ant, and Leveler are all good frontline attack and destroy units. The Dox is slated as a raider. I could make it a faster, less costy ant, but it wouldn't be per Uber's current role for the dox.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Well, iirc a raider in most RTS isn't a main assault unit but it is a flanker and raider...

You don't use ants in larger-than-tiny maps because they won't reach fabbers to snipe them.

Also, there is a mechanic going on in the balance mod between "cheap individual instadeath units" and "survivable units with higher cost". Basically, dox don't do too bad and never have against ants, because ants take so many shots to kill individual ones compared to multiple shots on a tank. Then, grenadiers do the same, while trading substantial damage with tanks. Dox clean up grenadiers because grenadiers die instantly and don't fire as often. The scout isn't dox cheap but it is also (EDIT WRONG SCOUT, it is unarmed). So it is like, anti bot, and anti armor. Anti armor used on bots results in wasted rate of fire due to overkill. Anti bot used on anti armor results in a longer battle while taking more losses.

Also, the "main assualt unit" bot would be the grenadier technically. The dox would be the one you get more numbers and can move faster with. Because not many combat units can chase dox if they try to run around or away.
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  5. mered4

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE SCREAMING:
    The Skitter DOES NOT HAVE A WEAPON. I only changed the NAVAL SCOUT. :D
  6. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I'm loving this ^^ whenever I am free I will want to play this :) it feels so much better xD give it a shot people ^^
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

You (EDIT:READ: mutually misunderstood) to me on teamspeak 3 minutes ago. Aww, I had just asked why the scout was so cheap.

EDIT: Oh ELODEA REALLY!!!!!!!!111!!! YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NAVAL SCOUT AS WELL!!!!! I didn't realize that additional bullet at the end was a bout the "naval" scout, of all the cruddy complaints...
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  8. mered4

I think we could amend the word 'lied' with the words 'mutual misunderstanding.' :D
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  9. mered4

Still testing today folks! 1v1s and some smaller games can be expected. We might try a larger FFA later, just to see how well it works.
    Murcanic likes this.
  10. Murcanic

When I am free I shall play, the beta like gameplay will for forever keep me loving this mod every unit has a use, tatics and macro play are important... though you need to figure out why it keeps crashing when people build T2 stuffs...
    mered4 likes this.
  11. mered4

Fixed that with Stuart last night. :D All is well now.
    Murcanic likes this.
  12. Murcanic

yay xD (to bad now the 3rd FFA probably won't go so well now that people know I got both moons last two times -.- )
  13. mered4

I'm taking out the metal on the moons, I think. Too valuable and not working as i intended - I had wanted a land/sea battle :D
  14. Murcanic

damn... oh well the balance is great, I'd enjoy doing some more team games or 1v1's ^^ FFA's are fun but not consistent fun xD
    mered4 likes this.
  15. mered4

And we're doing some more games, all day today! Everything from 1v1s to 5p FFAs and large team games!
    Murcanic likes this.
  16. Murcanic

I'll see about joining them after work :)
  17. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

We need a mod that gives tactics strategy to this game. Currently it's seriously lacking any strategy like supcom had and to me this was the best part of sup com...I hope these mods can fix this to me this game is all about swarming and no strategy
  18. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

try community uberbalance, I'm hearing good things about that
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Could you define "tactics" and "strategy"
  20. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I think most of the mods really head away from the swarming aspect. So far, I like all of the mods better than vanilla. Uber should look very carefully at these mods and use them for creating a better vanilla.
    mered4 likes this.