Community Super Swiss Tournament(Event)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reptarking, September 10, 2014.

1. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

How do you see the final standings, or in this case the top 4?
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

pilotrose likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Why is JonasMod listed as 2nd and battlebear as 3rd when everything other than seed is equal and seed favors battlebear?

That's just a wee bit odd.

EDIT: Talking about the challonge.
  4. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Cause challonge stops at the red line :
    upload_2014-10-5_0-46-23.png
    cptconundrum likes this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm assuming you're talking about the standings. In the event of a tie of score and tie breaker the lower seed is ranked higher.

@Bsport and @proeleert have including some form of results or final standings on the tourney page on their TODO list. Until then the matches page is the place to go.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Yeah it just got a little weird because this tournament used Swiss for 6 rounds and then elimination for the last two. The exodus site has trouble with tournaments that use non-standard formats like that.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The site handles it fine, it's Challonge that doesn't support it.
  8. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Well played everyone! It was a great tourney and had a LOT of fun! Thank you gandalf and exodus for hosting awesome tournaments and keep em comming! :)

ps. k1s3l you're last ditch boombot snipe will haunt me for some time :(
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Congratulations to neptunio for making it to round 2. Did not think he would even show up ;)
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Nice, well done to all the winners and kudos to all the fellow promethean players, that's a really good showing :)
  11. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

more promethian then RLM :O
  12. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I watched the finale in game (no cast according to list avalible). It is an interestign system indeed. I would go as far as saying it is a "stalemate proof" system.
    What is si called? Nucleus (because it looks like the model of a atom)?
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

@totalannihilation was the designer of that map.
  14. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

Man... after seeing KISEL loosing his planet like that, I was betting everything on BB, and then that sudden lucky orbital fabber just landed so close to the commander that the comm snipe was inevitable

it was unlucky of the seed because we had RLM vs RLM in round 1, 3 and 5, which means one realm goes up the ladder while the other goes down
    but other than that, congrats to Promethean, we will see you in the clan wars ;)

it was a great map indeed, but a shame that in both games the players were so close to each other and the battles didn't last long enough to any1 go halleys

also, round 6 was beautiful, but nobody really understood that the point of the game was to escape the planet and then have a full orbital war, most people just tried to kill each other within 8 minutes
    and I was expecting some halleys on the semi-final, but people are too "indoctrinated" into ground wars and teleport invasion that they can't think outside of the box
  15. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

IIRC in the game against KISEL i had some power and radar issues that i totally missed the orbital fabber being send. I had the game in the pocket and just missed that small critical piece of intel. When I finally saw it happen the boombots were allready streaming through.

About the 8 min map.. Its good and all and I know a lot of us are open to orbital warfare. but in situations like that its just not viable.. it costs you to much investment in eco to get to orbital wwithout losing on many other fronts. And in the case that you force people to move the comm offplanet (in this case the only option is with an astreaus) Than camping the base with AA fighters is too easy. making that strat totally unviable aswell.

And just to give an you an idea. When I played against foerest in the losers final, if I build an orbital factory I would've most likely lost the match because he would of outproduced me in units.
    cdrkf and Quitch like this.