Communications..again.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 1, 2014.

1. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

I suppose part of the scary thing for me in all of this is that Uber announced "We have achieved what we set out to do, here is Release 1.0".

And yet, it was missing significant pieces that were promised in the Kickstarter. So I feel a little confused as a backer as well - is this supposed to be the Final Product that I was promised when I backed the project 2 years ago? It feels a lot like backing a race-car project and getting a car shipped to me without a fuel tank, with a note stuck on the side "We believe we have accomplished what we set out to do. The car is wonderful, the performance is good and handling feels great. Please attach this 50m hose to your local gas station when you want to drive around. "

So I guess, yeah, I feel a bit like Uber stepped into a bit of a different relationship with its customers compared to a standard game company, when they went the Kickstarter route. They wanted my backing, I want to be able to, as per our agreement via Kickstarter, demand accountability and transparency.
    sierra159 and elkanfirst like this.