Commander/fabber build radii

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by endless24, January 21, 2015.

1. endless24

endless24 Member

Is there a reason that we don't double the build/reclaim radii on the commander or fabbers? If not, I'd like to propose we do that, since compact structure placement can be a real thorn in the side and it would just make my day to not have to do that.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Well, I´d suggest starting with less then double, maybe a 30% increase or so!
    This will make it easier to estimate whether this would be a good or bad change! (I do even assume that something within the range of 20%-50% would be perfect!)
  3. endless24

endless24 Member

I agree that it would be too radical of a change to deploy without testing. Luckily, however, the PTE can be used to test gameplay changes like this.
  4. yarmond

yarmond Member

The other thing that this would help with is allowing bot/vehicle fabbers to build naval factories, and naval fabbers building factories on the shore, which currently ranges between frustrating and impossible.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I think combat fabs def need a range buff, not sure about the rest
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

All my mods ever, have had commander build range up to 60, land fabbers to 40, air fabbers to 20, and naval to 60.

The commander is a single and strongest unit in the game, why not?

Naval needs it for shoreline establishment, not to mention ratio of naval range to land range dictates a longer build range. Technically, with new naval range increase they should by-ratio have a range of 80, but that would be longer than some munition range which gets exploitable.

Combat fabs can due a range of 80 actually. Adv. Combat Fabs actually have a niche use in turret creeping. Would be nice if they also could build pelters lol... They just build so fast...