Commander Deployment Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by drz1, December 3, 2013.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Hello,
    hope this hasn't been covered already, but I couldn't find it based on a quick search...
    I have played a few team armies games now, and have noticed that on many occasions, not all of the commanders spawn for each team (i.e. 5 players, but only 3 commanders).
    I understand that sometimes this is due to the players not selecting a start location in time, but is it also possible that a glitch is occurring?
    If it is purely due to a slow response from a player, then it would be good to see something like a warning timer integrated, so that players are aware that they are about to be deployed with no commander. Another option would be to include an automatic deployment feature, whereby anyone who has not selected a starting spot is automatically placed in a spot with another friendly player.
    Anyway, I would imagine this is on Uber's "things to do eventually" list, so I'm not particularly worried, just wanted to put it out there.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This is a known issue. It's been discussed on the forums and there are several bugs for it on the Bug Tracker.

There's currently two causes. The game timing out and auto starting and a player doesn't choose a spawn point.

Tracker: http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&action=details.addvote&task_id=2688

And if someone spam clicks "start annihilation" then the game starts early and anyone on any team who hasn't chosen a spawn doesn't get a commander.

Tracker: http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/...ask_id=2724&project=1&order=history&sort=desc

Go vote for those two tasks so they get higher priority.
    drz1 likes this.
  4. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Thanks guys, I guess I fell foul of the "didn't search enough beforehand" syndrome :p