Code of Conduct recommendation for PA players

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by scottjames, August 3, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hmm, I think there is something wrong either with your hardware, or your PA installation because I rarely get full UI lock ups. The most common problem at the moment (in my experience) is server side issues when things get too hectic (i.e. the game gets very laggy, or the server dies resulting in a 'lost connection to server' error and you back in the game loby). Otherwise the UI / client has been extremely stable for me for quite a few builds.

Things to check:
    1: Are your graphics drivers up to date, and have you got all the latest service packs and updates installed for windows? Note if you are using an Intel core processor, you need to update drivers for the iGPU as well as your dGPU.

2: Do you have mods installed? If so are they up to date? Have you tried running with mods disabled?

3: Have you tried running the game via the dedicated Uber Launcher (which gives you access to newer versions, especially for the PTE, than are available via Steam)?

Edit: If you'd like some help checking your drivers / os for issues please post a DX Diag and I'll have a look for you.
  2. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

Definitely disagree with this one! If it's a ladder match a simple loss will do.

For everything else, there shouldn't be penalties. People shouldn't be locked out because they got disconnected and couldn't reconnect, their ISP went down / was having a bad connection day, they're suffering from an intermittent hardware failure, the computer crashed, any of the million-and-one real-life issues which crop up, etc.

Yeah, some people deliberately drop because they don't want to lose; that doesn't mean everyone else should have to suffer too.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

> implying Brian takes time away from the forums to eat
    mishtakashi, stuart98, Geers and 3 others like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I disagree, this is implying Brian neglects his kitchen equipment to the extent that it eventually catches fire... the real question is *if* he would go and do anything about it, or frantically post his last few messages on the forum whilst thinking "well I've had a good run"....?
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

>implying this is 4chan
    >mfw
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  6. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

So you mean:
    [​IMG]

OK just kidding... but you need to know that PA is in development, I don't even touch it because of my Internet, but my Computer can't handle it too!