Clutch lock on the 360 withlist.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Nova Warlord, October 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

LMP if you are trying to get banned I can easily do it? Why are all the 360 players trying to get banned? Is it for some kind of street/forum cred?

You all act like Uber is the first studio to do this. Get over yourselves.
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Okay, my bad.

I'll keep my mouth shut about all of this "Uber vs Community" thing.

I could care less even if you ban me, you'll stay on my FL.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Eka, what do you expect when uber trolls and play mind games? Only part that was personal was the fact that you were the one that called us trolls. Everything else comes from uber collectively.

I would ask questions politely and get ignored. I would post about me asking questions in a respectful manner, and those got ignored.

being polite gets you nowhere, and being a **** isn't the way to go about it either. It's whatever. I heard you guys finally explain yourself and have replied to it. I know what you guys have planned for the consoles and I accept that, because what else am I supposed to do? I honestly am over it.

For almost a week straight I set up private matches on a nightly basis. I've added most of the skilled players from the community, but the numbers continue to grow. It may be bold to say, but I honestly think there wouldn't have been any more privates if I didn't do something. We take the skilled players out of the pub lobbies they're stomping in, and allow new players to play the game in a more friendly setting. One of the only serious active threads left is about these matches. We're putting out gameplays from multiple classes and multiple point of views. Still writing guides, tips, and continuing to tweak the meta game. These matches have brought a couple of users to your site...

So even though were the big evil clueless console community, we're doing more with your game than anyone else at this point. We know we've been abandoned, but we're still making the most out of the same situation we were in almost a year ago.

You guys act confused as to why people were upset or even making it personal. I know it's easier said than done, but if I didn't want that to happen to me, I would try to not put myself in that position to begin with, or do anything to make it worse.

/[​IMG]

stretch, if another company does it first we shouldn't get mad? If every single company in the world did it I would react the same way every time. I'm not trying to get banned and if anything, I've never done anything on this site that warrants a ban.
  4. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Teapot

You included yourself in a statement that wasn't even aimed at you and you decided to get mad about it.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12119

The rest of your statement again has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Next time, try reading what I actually wrote and who I wrote it to.
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Edit: Nvm.
    Last edited: October 5, 2011
  7. DeadStretch

Ubisoft has done this many of times but yet they are still successful but when an indie dev. company does it all I have seen is "Y U Betray your fans" and this is not just with Uber.

If everyone thinks it is so easy why not start a game development company of your own?
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Ubisoft is a big company. Uber isn't. Uber doesn't have a history of games to fall back on when they disappoint their fans. Uber's fanbase is based mainly on MNC, and when that fell through, they felt the rage of pretty much the entire fanbase. If Uber goes on to become a major game developer, this kind of issue likely won't arise again.
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We don't expect you guys to understand. Yes we let you down and the reasons are too many and we've talked about it plenty. There is no point in trying to keep pushing and testing our patience on this forum which is still our dev forums. Lief, I've deleted plenty of inappropriate comments toward us and banned people because it just becomes personal. You're only seeing part of whats left of the comments.
  10. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I was more or less defending you guys with the post you quoted. That post wasn't meant to troll anyone, it was meant to explain why a company like Ubisoft can easily get away with what a company like Uber can't.
  11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

The points that were brought up were some points i've expressed myself in the past, it may not have been worded as nicely as me though. I felt included because I am part of the community and would have posted in there if you didn't lock it so fast. I don't see how me not posting in that thread somehow excludes me or makes my post irrelevant. You trolled everybody, and you called us trolls. Us as in the people who've made the same points over and over.

You talk about aggressive attitude going nowhere, and my first three paragraphs are relevant to your post. The bigger paragraphs show that we aren't just trolls, and that we're actually a community that isn't just hurting you guys. Not that I'm asking for any praise, but maybe be appreciative that after ALL THIS BULLSHIT, we've stuck around. I know that's too much to ask.

The last paragraph once again is relevant to the topic at hand.

This is all based upon your post that says don't "MAKE" it personal. I can see how my post doesn't make sense if you said to don't TAKE it personal.

If you can't see how it's relevant then somehow this is more of a lost cause than I could imagine. If you want me to understand who you are talking about, next time don't quote me.
    Last edited: October 5, 2011
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I understand but we don't feel good about not updating the 360. It's not fun for us to hear that our diehard fans hate our guts because we can't provide more content for something they love. All they see is "Oh Uber, why U so greedy, take our money and no DLC" Someday, we'll go into more details about all the business side of gamed development you guys never hear about that takes up MOST of the time before anything can happen.
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Again, you're bringing up things that are obviously upsetting to you but I wasn't talking to you.
  14. DeadStretch

Personally I would have thought opposite. An Indie Dev. Company would get more compassion while the bigger companies get more of the flame and the trolls.
  15. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Okay. If SMNC succeeds, what will happen?
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

No one ever said that you enjoy not updating the 360. As angry as 360 players are at this point, I'm pretty sure most of us understand that moving on to SMNC was the best business option for you guys. I also think that most of us realize we got our game's worth for $15. Sure, we want more updates, but who wouldn't? Even without updates, MNC is still a great game and will continue to be a great game. The most that any of us can ask of you is that you don't forget where your success started, and to return to console gaming at some point in the future.

If a company has a lot of great games already under their belt, not many fans are going to rage about one bad one, or perhaps one that was in development but was never completed. And as for the few fans that do rage, their cries would go more or less unheard among the vast majority of people who have already seen what the company can do and have high hopes for the future. Uber's future is looking pretty bright, but that can't be based on past successes, because the only one that most of us know of is MNC. Having seen them move on without releasing the last 2 DLCs creates a lot of anger in the people who were die hard fans of Uber and their game. The fans of MNC haven't enjoyed an Uber game before MNC, and so the entire fanbase is made up of people who played and liked MNC. There's no enormous fanbase to drown out the cries of the few, because in this case, the cries of the few are the cries of the many.
  17. DeadStretch

It wont matter. If you are asking if it will come to XBox that is up to Microsoft.
  18. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It's a long term service and that's why we're on PC. We can update it on a weekly basis like we're doing right now with our limited Beta version. It's a Free to Play game and our success depends on a solid core game and new content on a regular basis. So we see ourselves working on the game for a long time and expanding it to other platforms when we can.
  19. Laser Dragon

Laser Dragon New Member

tl;dr
  20. DeadStretch

It's obvious this is a revolving door of A. People not wanting to understand and B. People trying to explain the bigger picture.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.