Clopsey 10 2v2 Tourney 3 October 2015

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by proeleert, September 24, 2015.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Yeah the boombot strat for purple was kinda off and can definately have given you that feel though it could have been pulled off if they chose the right target.

You're right but when you're like '25 mins ingame and don't have much experience with stalemates like these (they won't happen that much) then its really hard to formulate a good gameplan and going straight for it. Proxy points will get raided and NW didn't had air dominance for quite a while. orbital can get countered easily or it gets really expensive really quick.

Don't forget that while you're thinking of a strat the enemy is still putting pressure on you with a lost of nasty stuff. Its hard...
  2. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Yeah, but for that specific game that would work. And you prepare for harrass and stuff like that, its a stupid thing to say. If you do something, you do it right. And you get the air dominance by building T2 factories. Orange had maybe one or two of them, and black had a change and eco to build way more than that. And let be honest, they all were in panic. Really. No expansion, no T2 mexes in the middle of base, nothing. Doing nukes was really bad for eco and not the best cost effective tactic.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Any player/caster feedback on organization / maps ?

Things I remember :
    - Need to make "Titans Requirement" more clearly (there was a team with no Titans)
    - People joining to eat dinner at start ain't very nice to your opponents
    - Need to specify the Casters for each match clearly so no random spectator joins in.
    - All teams showed up except the 1 man team and at the correct time mostly so that was super nice.
    andreasgg and n00n like this.
  4. amphok

amphok Member

air don't work really great vs naval, naval have good anti aa, i bet even zeus would fail, cost x cost of course

i think only ares or long range platform can work good

i have seen plenty of time that people don't know how tu use Ares(my favorite unit btw), they use it like atlas, all-in on enemy base, without taking advantage of its huge range

if you hit and retreat with it, it's almost invincible like the description say...
  5. n00n

n00n Active Member

It was great as usual! Hope to see more & to compete next time. :)

But really how is a single planet ragnarok not counted as winning? Madness.
    tunsel11 and ljfed like this.
  6. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Map pack was cool especialy the one with planet/moon/halleyable stuff and lava.
  7. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Cause reasons. #SayNoToRagnaroks :)
    Bsport likes this.
  8. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

My feedback - definitely control of spectators, there was a HUGELY annoying spec constantly chattering away as I'm sure you noticed.
    Not to mention making sure that games do not start too early before specs have had a chance to choose games.
    Smaller planets plz, or ones with fewer metal points scattered everywhere. Maps with too much metal provide a player proclivity to stick to an area and hunker down with ease.
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I would love to see more than 1 planet too.
    andreasgg likes this.
  10. proinegoproxy

proinegoproxy Member

Hahaha, when I saw that uber cannon loop I decided I would spend the last few seconds of that game trying to recreate it a couple more times :p
    proeleert and Alpha2546 like this.
  11. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

But but he was your cocaster right? :D To be honest I thought it was hilarious. He just kept rambling on his own XD
  12. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

If you want to replicate it I find it occurs far more often in the water for some reaon
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

No idea who they were...