Clan Wars Showdown - 32 player clan war

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, March 28, 2015.

1. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Are you guys gonna use hitbox from here on out?
  2. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

Only five hours to go.
    Last edited: April 11, 2015
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Disappointed at the RLM turnout considering the Clan Wars results.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Just for clarity, is 'PA Chat' the integrated chat room in game you get using the latest PA:Stats?
  6. cdrkf

Yeah Promethean had a great Clan Wars roster but we couldn't get 6 players together :(
  7. exodusesports

Players for Clan Wars Showdown should be making their way to PA Chat now. Go to the patournaments room.

The rules have a link to instructions on everything you need to know.
  8. exodusesports

9. exodusesports

And we're out. Thanks to everyone who turned up and played, and especially to those bold one man clans. It was a long one, but it made for an epic spectacle.
  10. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Had lots of fun playing this, looking forward to clanwars season 2!
  11. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

That was a nice game, but i think the systeme need some change to get the game more active.
  12. exodusesports

13. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

I'm not totally convinced that this was the sole fault of the system. If the pink team played a bit more aggressive this would have been significantly shorter.
    My guess is that there isn't really a lot of experience of this kind of matches, which leads to the situation where everyone is playing really cautiously and matches start to dragging along.
  14. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

The problem with the match was it was a FFA, commit to much to one person and you risk being destroyed by someone else. Came down to turtle and extending the shell of the turtle. The fact that there were teams of one person makes the match have little value, we should have just had the teams made from the players that were there instead of what was done.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. cdrkf

@Quitch, @otterfamily I just watched the vid for the early part of the game (where I was playing)... just to clarify a few things you were questioning:

1: Myself, Oreos and VoW had an unofficial agreement at the start of the game to not attack each other (which VoW almost immediately broke by taking my expansion on their border, lol).

2: When you saw me reclaim the metal extractor- the reason was RLM had built a pelter to destroy the expansion, which I didn't have anything suitable to counter. In PA you get instant resources when reclaiming and I was energy rich metal poor at that point- so it made sense to reclaim the live structures rather than wait for the pelter to destroy them. My theory was if I could get t2 up I might have a chance at holding my position. The problem was the RLM pushed aggressive forward, whist BRN attacked me from behind repeatedly stopping me getting any metal. I'd turned off all my factories, was reclaiming stuff just to try and get that bloody t2 going but alas no point.

I'd initially considered running for the moon, however I could see the large presence on there with DSR so that prevented that being an option.

As a bit of feedback- for future events like this it would be nice to have maybe a couple more planets in the system, or a map with some easy to defend areas. That would have at least given me a worthwhile play. At the end of the day though we did have 4 players singed up which would have allowed us to put up a worthwhile fight, however annoyingly they didn't bother to show up...

@cmdrflop, @sleeser where were you guys? Fredgar was having issue (as currently Linux build is ******) although I would have appreciated him joining as even if he dc's 2 coms would have helped...
    Quitch likes this.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

On the map front, it was our plan to have the map out a week before and to have more than one. Unfortunately we ran into numerous system editor bugs during creation which led to there being only one map and that map only arriving on the day of the event.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

It was a shame that the teams were of such mixed sizes. I dc'd before spawning in so the VoW guys were a team of 3 for the first 5-10 minutes, so they were a man down in the early stages and by the time I was back we were hemmed in. The little air fabber that could was half last ditch effort and half BlackAngel not believing that I could sneak it round to the back of the planet. Black was also the wall writing trendsetter.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

2.32 GB replay file is available from https://palobby.com/replays/

You will need 50GB of RAM or virtual memory available to watch the replay.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  19. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

That is some very impressive compression. Too bad I don't run a server or a super computer.
  20. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

All you need is virtual memory and enough free hard disk space.