Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

No advantage, I will register the rest today. I was just being lazy with it because we have so much time ahead of us.
  2. icycalm

I signed up the other three members of our team, and made a thread in the Clan forum with some details about our clan: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/signing-up-with-the-cult.63250/

I think a ton of guys from The Realm should quit and make their own clans. It will be better for all of us in the long run -- more match-ups, longer tournament, etc. It is pathetic that we only have half a dozen clans. Ultimately, clans should be promoted from within the PA main menu and throughout the game, but until Uber wises up and does this, we'll have to take matters into our hands. Someone needs to explain to people the concept of synergy. We are by no means the best players, but we win near-constantly because we only play 3v3 and 4v4s against people who can't even speak to each other. We've been playing for three weeks now, and we've never once faced a real team! I am sure the tournament will be a wake-up call for us, and I can't wait to see how well the other teams perform against us and against each other.
    Last edited: August 28, 2014
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

The realm is to close with most of us to leave our community. Even if we left RLM it would to form a powerhouse brother clan
  4. icycalm

I don't think the older players should leave. You know each other, I assume you work well with each other, so there's no need to break that up. But all the new guys you are drawing in, that's who should leave. Just like I made my own clan, some of them should also make their own. What's the point in joining a huge clan that will never let you represent them on a tournament because they'll prefer to use more experienced players instead? It would be nice to see a little more ambition from all these guys. You could help that by closing down your recruitment drive for a while. Tell people they can't join anymore, and to make their own damn clans :)
  5. reptarking

We're not a clan. Yes we seem like it but 80% of PA players for RLM play 1 or more other games in the community.
  6. icycalm

Then don't register for this tournament as a clan, because you don't have one. Join a clan or make one.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've very deliberately NOT been pushing recruitment actively for... probably the best part of a year now to help the clan scene diversify a bit. We do have a vetting process too.
  8. reptarking

I'll form RLM X the clan version of RLM PA.
  9. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

RLM: MLG Pro Edition
  10. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I wonder who the fourth PAG member will be ?
  11. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

rumour is neptunio
  12. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

people dont necessarily join a clan to compete in the tournaments. I simply joined so that i had the option of coordinated games, as this game clearly requires it and my gaming mates have had kids or moved on to pastures new. I joined Realm as being the biggest it is the most likely method of getting a game, i can just drop in and normally get a game - the shear size of it is one of its main advantages, even if it does lead to oddities such as here. although it would be interesting to know how many members are active.

that said, as you say there's no reason why there cant be a sub-clan or two created for this very purpose, but thats really for the 'older' realm members to sort i'd say - in a constructive manner not simply banning newer members. Its the first clan war, lets see how it goes before bemoaning the number of teams.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Currently with 6 clans signed up that means 30 matches spread across 15 dates.

Mission unsuccessful?
    mishtakashi likes this.
  14. icycalm

Yeah, I totally understand what bunny is saying. That's also the main reason I want to increase the size of my clan: so I can find people to play with whenever I want.

RLM diversifying into several clans (or subclans) sounds like a great idea to me, as long as they stick to it. I.e. as long as members do not move around between clans after they have committed to one. It will even increase their chances of landing the first spot (and the second, and the third) in tournaments, much like having, say, a bunch of Americans compete against each other in individual sports in the Olympics increases the chances of the gold winner being from the US. I think this would be a win all around solution.

At the end of the day I just want more teams to play against (which also increases the chances that we don't come last, lol).
  15. Quitch

I wonder how many systems are now going to include a metal planet...
    squishypon3, stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  16. Quitch

Our first pair of matches will be The Realm vs. The CULT on the 13th September at 1800 UTC.
    Last edited: August 29, 2014
    cwarner7264, elodea, Bsport and 2 others like this.
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

18. ragequit4life

ragequit4life New Member

Free agent here. Feel free to pick me up, I want to be part of this.
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Excellent organisation. Was wondering how it was going to pan out with dates but you nailed it. Xx
    cptconundrum and Quitch like this.
  20. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to it.

Now just to get our planned live page features ready.
    mishtakashi likes this.