Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Sorry I call bs! Weakest link (only 3 v 3 tourney so far) you categorically didn't even get to semi finals :p
    knub23 and Clopse like this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think we all know it was me who carried you in the Taxman you big wimp ;)
  3. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Guys, Realm is a gaming community its not a clan. Its awesome that you allow us to play anyway. It doesn't change our identity into a clan ofcourse and i think it would be best to make an exception in the naming here, it doesn't really do us much good as you must see. Most other exodus people are realm so they know who we are and that we aren't a clan. Because this is a new kind of tournament in PA i can understand that exodus is cautious, you got to make it work before you can expand on it. Im sure the players that come to practises, the players that help with systems, the players that we practise against and everyone else involved will make the PA section of our community get even bigger because of this, aswell as all the players watching the videos (i know a lot of RLM people who have this game and just didn't start to play it seriously yet). Not to mention all the players that stopped playing but might come back because they hear about this. Thats why i also hope that exodus will be preparing for this potential and realise that if all these realmies start playing again and we keep practising we actually want to be able to play aswell eventually. I think this is a good chance to start another teamgame competition tourney thing thats about smaller teams. Then also it doesn't have to be that a team MUST be of the same ''clan'', that also allows for people who speak the same language to team up for potential benefit (i myself play better in teamgames if i can speak dutch). And you get the chance to team up with enemy's aswell as friends wich should be fun.
  4. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I understand you Mot but keep in mind. The tourny is called "Clan Wars" for a reason. If we want 4v4, 5v5 tournaments than everybody can join. But that tournament is not "Clan Wars".
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Thats why i said it.....
  6. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Oh nevermind my post.. Once I reread your post I figured out I missed the key sentence of your post lol!
  7. cdrkf

I'm sorry but whatever you call it the realm is a clan. It's a casual clan like pro used to be for ta, but it is a clan. You wear a tag, there is requirement to join to be a member, you play together in teams. Now I understand that the term clan isn't very popular due to unrelated negative connotations but in this context it is an accurate description.
  8. knub23

knub23 Active Member

I don't think this format is not vulnerable to no-shows. From my experience in sports you need at least 5 or 6 people to get a four man team running because it is difficult to get four people together on some date. When we are lucky at VoW we get 6 or 7 people into the signup. With me in holidays during half of September, we will already struggle (if we only have 4 signups), but we will do our best and I think we can manage the season.

Why do I mention this? Obviously there are a lot of players who want to participate. And there are some clans who have less than 4 people signed right now. So I would like some rule for non-clan substitutes. There is still time for signups so maybe all clans will get to at least 4 players (which I think isn't enough to go into a season). If not, I think you could change the rules and allow substitute player signups. I'm not the VoW team captain but I personally wouldn't have a problem playing with a substitute that is not in our clan. We are one community and not real enemies and it is just frustrating to lose because people in your rooster have something else to do (it will happen, everyone still has his/her own stuff going on). It is better for everybody (for the season, the audience, clans that struggle to get 4 players together and the substitute player who wants to play) to allow non-clan substitutes.

Here is my suggestion:
    There needs to be some additional rule for substitues of course. Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to have a substitute signup where all clans can recruit people from if they need someone (this also allows players that are not in a Clan to signup). Clans would have to contact the people they want. Clans would be limited to a maximum of one substitute player per match. And substitutes would be limited to a maximum of 2 clans to play for throughout the whole season and just one clan for each matchday. There are still problems with this system because people have to decide before the season if they signup for their clan or for the substitute list (I don't know if it would be clever to allow both, maybe allow it, with the addition that a player cannot be a substitute after he played for the clan he signed up for. This would allow all the people in the Realm to double-signup and play as substitutes until their clan needs them).

-----------------------

Regarding the problem with multiple teams per clan:

If I could vote for it, I would vote for the possibility that clans can have more than one team with the addition that people who played for team 1 cannot play for team 2 in the same season.
    Last edited: August 25, 2014
    cdrkf and reptarking like this.
  9. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

This would be a good idea
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

We have a number of clans sitting at three players, hopefully you guys are going to manage to wake up another or else it's going to be a tough season for you.

Clopse is representing PAG by his lonesome. Clearly he's confident :)
  11. cdrkf

If 3 players is all they can get, perhaps a 3 v 3 tournament would be better? There's no point holding an event like this without teams....
  12. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I have 3 more players coming up in my clan, and I am sure the others do too. We are just being lazy with registering people because we have a lot of time ahead of us.

By the way, is there a maximum number of participants? Your page seems to indicate so.

Also, what's the point of registering a billion Realm players? Are they all going to get a chance to play?
  13. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Also the 3v3 suggestion is heresy. We should be doing all we can to increase the size of the teams, as we move into the future. 3v3 is the bare minimum to consider the game playable for me, and the real fun starts at 4v4 and 5v5.
    cptconundrum and Quitch like this.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am terrible, but I will jump in if called to do so.
  15. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

It's fine. Have been talking to some guys. We will have a team. They are just lazy as of now. :D
    Bsport likes this.
  16. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

What of I converted to NOVA to become a starter :eek:
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I- would not mind this.
    reptarking likes this.
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I wouldn't even mind if you stuck with both if all things permitted this.

I feel as I read this, that Planetary Annihilation Gods is supposed to be really good. Is it those 4 good individual forum guys that banded together for tournaments?
  19. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

There is no maximum number of participants so if we ever reach the set up max of 128 we'll just increase the number :)
    All those registered Realm players are just to show of that Realm has a lot of players. Trying to trick other clans into getting more players or stealing Realm players I think :p
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why would you register less players than you have available, what advantage is there to that?