Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I am really looking forward to seeing your clan - and hopefully some other new ones - in season 2. For now I just want to see how the rest of season 1 turns out. PAG is only in the lead because they managed to get a draw where BRN got a loss.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Very few people probably realise just how much work goes on behind the scenes to keep tournaments and live events running as smoothly as they do. Quitch, Proeleert, Cptconundrum, Bsport and all the other guys at eXodus are extremely skilled at what they do and are an absolute pleasure to work with.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

:rolleyes: I don't do all that much.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well this doesn't sit very well with me. I think as Icycalm is such a notorious person them leaving is being dismissed, however I think at least *in part* he did have a valid complaint.

I don't think it should be directed at anyone in particular, however it does raise the issue of bad behaviour in the twitch stream.

I think we need to remember that The Cult is actually a fair team of players now, most of which are decent people wanting to enjoy the game. They also represent some of the less experienced players in the community. Let's try not to dismiss this because the forum on the whole *doesn't like one member* as that isn't fair to the rest.

They shouldn't have to put up with aggressive and rude comments being made about them in the stream. Someone from Exodus should have been moderating them. Whilst I understand why an email was sent reminding people to keep it professional on the stream, something *should* have been said to the perpetrators in the twitch channel.

The Cult not finishing clan wars is a real shame. They were the underdogs from the start and them participating was a good thing- it gave other new players something to aim for, a more achievable entry point as it were. Them being forced out due to bad behaviours of viewers (or lack of controls against it specifically) doesn't bode well for newer teams wanting to play. It sends a bad message- if we want to grow the online community we need newer players to enjoy themselves.
  5. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

I guess AC will just have to fill in. Thats the whole reason I started it and I plan on dedicating myself to that role.
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. cdrkf

Yeah I'm really liking what your doing with AC :)
    xankar and drboggles like this.
  7. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

coming soon, a way to help support future tournaments :)
    Last edited: January 28, 2015
    elodea, xankar, stuart98 and 3 others like this.
  8. cwarner7264

If that's the prize being handed out to the winners, you've got an awful lot of mugs to ship ;)
    xankar, stuart98 and mayhemster like this.
  9. cdrkf

Nice, although personally I'd prefer a nice whiskey glass, or a pint glass instead (I don't know why but alcohol + playing PA tournaments feels more appropriate, also while your at it a 'Clopsey' branded pint glass is a must have haha!).
    lapsedpacifist, rivii, Clopse and 6 others like this.
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

How about a clopsey branded whiskey?
    Clopse, xankar, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  11. xankar

xankar Post Master General

To be fair, they are the more or less the best. On an individual level, it's probably best that they don't take orders from someone who is less experienced than they are.
    As for their ego, I've played with a couple of them in a team games and their ego is no greater than that of any random you find; they can get flustered just like anyone else could. Also, at least from whom I have played against, they haven't blatantly asserted their superiority or accused me of how "i'm not worthy of fighting them" and merely seemed to have fun playing (unless it's on meso :p)

That is all! I rest my case good man.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

You have not met gunshin or neptunio I mean master before. All hail PA_Master
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Though when you realise Neptunio is more of a League of Legends player it all starts to make sense... :)
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  14. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

He plays LoL! Me and him really should have troll off on LoL
  15. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Just wanted to let Promethean and The Realm know, that our system is fixed again. (The patch broke the landing spots). Kryo will send the new system to Quitch. But you can also find it under System Sharing, on the Voices of War server (page 2). We tested it and it worked when hosted from there. However the safe way is to import the system we will send you. Sorry for the inconvenience with our system, it was really difficult to get everything right and we were a bit late.
    mot9001, rivii and cdrkf like this.
  16. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

17. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

We're live in two hours. Today's event will be cast by ZaphodX with co-casting from Captain Conundrum and Quitch.

It's possible that The Realm could secure victory in the league today, so don't miss out.
    mot9001 likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

So annoyed I already had something booked for tonight before you guys announced the dates. I'll be getting updates by messenger all night.

GO TEAM RLM YOU CAN DO THIS!
    mayhemster, cptconundrum and mot9001 like this.
  19. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

We already had a troll off. You got rekt. Then I rekt you in game. Then I came to your house and rekt my rekt all over your rekt.
  20. cdrkf

I can't make it either :( c'mon promethean! teach these realm jokers a lesson :)