Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Really, you lot are obsessed with this... I'm not going to start a flame war with Team burning, they haven't started one with us. It's pretty unsporting to be the one going 'oh we're so great their going down' I've personally always hated that with people like boxers. Maybe it's a cultural divide thing, I duno....
    mrwrightside likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You're English though, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledging_(cricket)

It's in our culture too!
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Wut?
  4. cdrkf

Fair enough, still *personally* not something I appreciate... I've never been a fan of 'banter' either- that seams to me to be an excuse of "I can say anything I want and you've got to stand there and endure it"... In my experience it's used as a way to try and undermine someone with lots of 'funny' home truths. Not something I want to have to deal with in my leisure time that's for sure!
  5. cdrkf

Ok let me put it another way? Why was there not a poll done for PAG vs Realm? Why are you targeting us? Why try and word it to provoke us to respond *against Team Burning* and not the people doing the provocation?

If Cwarner comes on here and goes on about "Realm is guna wreck u" (although I think he's probably be somewhat more eloquent than that) that's fair enough, Realm members can speak for the realm. What I'm not impressed with is 3rd party people trash talking *for other clans*? If Mish wants to come on here and stir things up a bit fine- don't speak for him though.
  6. Quitch

I didn't think of it.

What?

What? It's a completely neutrally worded poll best as I can tell, in what way is it not?
  7. cdrkf

Meh fine, sorry. As I mentioned before this 'trash talking' thing isn't really something I like. A personal hang up, I'll try and refrain from getting involved with it in future.
  8. Quitch

Why do you keep bringing up trash talking in replies to me? Where have I used, encouraged or even mentioned it?
  9. cdrkf

I personally view a poll like that as a form of 'baiting' for this kinda thing. No *your* not saying anything either way... Evidently I must be wrong. As I said personal hang up.
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Oops, bad timing to press wrong button
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

cptconundrum likes this.
  12. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Imo trash talk is a fun part of the game so long as everyone taking part understands it to be in good humour.

I feel like the straw poll is un-targetted and not an intentional flame war initiator. Straw polls like that just help to get spectators excited and looking forward to the game.
    Last edited: September 27, 2014
    cptconundrum and cdrkf like this.
  13. Quitch

It has been pointed out to me that there is a bug in the system editor which caused all planets to be marked as spawnable when they were transferred by eXodus. All affected systems have now been fixed, impacting:

Voices of War
    Team Burning
    Promethean

I have reached out to Team Burning and Promethean to confirm they are happy to battle on the corrected systems, otherwise we will revert to the previously uploaded systems (with all planets spawnable) for this fixture.

The Cult have been informed that the Voices of War system has had its starting planets updated.

This in no way changes the layout of the systems, it simply changes the starting planets to those in the original template, correcting an error introduced by the system editor.
    Last edited: September 26, 2014
  14. mishtakashi

Just over 4 hours until the action begins! You better be ready for a good show bc there is some smashing to be done :D Team Burning wishes you all the best Promethean, GL and HF - May the best team win!
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

GET REKT!

Ohw I mean.. Good Luck Have Fun genteleman! :D
    mishtakashi and cdrkf like this.
  16. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

GOOOO PROMETHEAN.
    Wipe them out.

Edit with prediction: Promethean takes both games, a both lasting over half an hour.
  17. trialq

trialq Post Master General

If both parties are into it it's not a flame war or unsporting, it's good natured fun. If one party isn't into it, then continued one-way banter would be unsporting.
  18. mishtakashi

dw bout it we sorted it out
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. cdrkf

Well, gg's Team Burning! 1 : 1- we said it would be close ;)
    mishtakashi likes this.
  20. trialq

trialq Post Master General

It was fun to watch, both games had commanders dropping like flies in quick succession.

I didn't know there was anything to sort out :p Just stating why I tried to start some banter with my previous post.
    cdrkf likes this.