Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Moons=longer playtime then normal system........
  2. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

videos available soon?
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The full thing is up on Twitch, but you'll get videos shortly.
    drz1 likes this.
  4. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

ah yeh, thanks, I just didn't clear far enough heh.
  5. Quitch

Shame about the time dilation in game one because those first twenty minutes were epic.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Very surprising results. Can't wait for private servers so we can finish big wars properly and not be forced to stop them halfway through.
  7. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Where is it on twitch? ^^ I NEED TO SEE THIS EPIC STUFF!
    mot9001 likes this.
  8. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Bsport and rivii like this.
  9. Quitch

10. icycalm

I know this is a premature question, and I don't expect to get a definitive answer right away, but it's something for you guys to think about regarding how you want to run Season 2.

My clan is up to 17 members right now, and should be up to 20 in the next couple of weeks. The way I am pushing the game to all my readers my clan could very well rival The Realm in size by the start of Season 2. However, I do not plan on ever allowing the less experienced players to participate in Clan Wars, and this could cause some consternation to some of them, so we might opt to try and see if we could field two separate teams for Season 2. And my question to you guys is how would you feel about that?

Another solution would be for us to hold some sort of an internal tournament to see who would get to represent the clan.
    Last edited: September 14, 2014
    Quitch likes this.
  11. Quitch

We haven't begun discussing season 2 yet, but I doubt we'll change from one clan, one team.
    Bsport likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I guess if it really takes off there could be 2 levels of league? Players could be required to compete in the 'entry' league before playing the main event? I think Icy has a point that ideally any system like this in the long run should be built around getting new players into the game so some for of 'qualifiers' would be good- the tricky bit will be finding a intuitive and simple way of doing it....
    Quitch likes this.
  13. icycalm

Put it this way, if 40 out of 50 Realm players and 15 out of 20 Cult players end up staying on the bench the entire season, there will be increasing pressure from within the clans for people to leave and start their own clans, which is a good thing for the competitive scene anyway (if not for the megalomaniacal ambitions of the clan leaders lol). And if our clans allow the less experienced players to represent them, then our clans will end up lower on the scoreboard than the more competitive-minded clans, which should serve us right for not being full-on competitive. So whatever happens, the result should be good.
  14. Qpo

Qpo New Member

Hello guys, I'm a Cult member and I'd like to start by thanking you for providing the excellent entertainment of the games above!

As for the multiple teams per clan issue, couldn't a clan just start a second team and register it as a new clan anyway? Like "The Realm 2", "Cult 2", and so forth?
  15. icycalm

Something else that would help would be moving the league to a 5v5 format, and later on, when this becomes possible, 6v6 or 7v7 etc. This would help get more players involved from the bigger clans, but on the other hand it would force smaller clans to stay out of the league. So I guess Exodus would have to find a good balance there.

On the OTHER other hand, we do want the clans to grow big too, because that is the only way to get decent 20v20 etc. battles going once these become available (otherwise it would be a bunch of uncoordinated randoms playing these modes). I imagine that if one day 50v50 becomes possible, it will only be two or three clans fighting it out in that mode.

So many awesome possibilities with this game. So many things to work out that have never been tried before.
  16. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

This is the most obvious solution, and members wouldn't even have to be in the same parent clan. No need for panic.

On other tournaments you have left the results hidden behind spoiler-tags - I knew the relam plan so wanted to see if it played out but couldn't watch it live and so I went to the exodus site looking for a link to the vid and immediately saw the results, which took the edge out of the video. not a big deal and you naturally want to show the league table, but perhaps you could have two different ones up - one up to date and hidden, one 1 game behind schedule or something?
  17. Quitch

We'll eventually be moving the league table to its own tab, but the system for that isn't ready yet so we've got a stop-gap solution in place. Sorry about that, we'll have it tucked away soon.
  18. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I hope Promethean and Team Burning are starting to get ready :)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

We've been practicing, also held an internal tourney to prioritise players for the match. Also team burning and us have played a few clan v clan games so we're familiar with each other :p actually the games between us are always very close (i think its even between us in our ongoing team games) so expect a couple of very close matches... Although on our home system I think we've worked out a bit of a surprise for them ;)
  20. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

@proeleert When does eXodus need to know who our clan liasons will be?