Civilization: Beyond Earth announced

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by abubaba, April 12, 2014.

1. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Tsss. That Quarter to Three ******* (who gave PA a 2/10) has given a 4/10 for Civ BE. Pathetic.
  2. Devak

Devak Post Master General

depends on what you measure it against. As a game on it´s own, it´s fun and good. Is it as good as civ5? no. Is it as good as it could be? no. But it's not bad. It's OK.
  3. stonewood1612

Yeah there is a lot of stuff that needs fixing. But these are things that can be fixed. Like balance of units and virtues. Trade routes, AI, health mechanics, all of those need can be fixed and improved. It's just stupid to make a review like that as if it could never be fixed or better than it is now, since a review is for eternity and is unlikely to be edited. Saying this is a 4/10 game means that it is bad and broken and doesn't have the potential to be fixed.

Is it better than Civ 5 (Vanilla!!) ? Not sure. Vanilla civ 5 wasn't so great either, especially at release, which had major issues too. They will get sorted I'm sure. I haven't got the game, going to wait until december, maybe by then it'll be better who knows. I'm a little bit disappointed that the game costs €50, especially in the state they released it in and because it's so similar to Civ 5, which now is €30 and the complete edition €40.
  4. Devak

I only got it because i found a site with 25% discount, even on the preorder.
  5. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I agree. There are very few games that could justify a $90 price tag. And BE isn't one of them.

Even then $90 for any game is pretty ridiculous.
  6. stonewood1612

NEWSFLASH:

Mac version is out! (yosemite no longer required, works on mavericks)

and on sale on steam right now, 30% off,

linux in 2-3 weeks, spot-on for christmas.

First patch will come out in a few days.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I'm still too in love with Civ II: Test Of Time to fully enjoy Civ V, let alone this crazy game. It looks cool, but I'm not into the newer game play style.
  8. Devak

After seeing all the civ alpha centauri praise i decided to play it. Meh. I think many improvements have been made since. Maybe im just 10 years late. I still like age of empires but AC is meh