Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Polynomial, August 16, 2012.
I backed with 50$. It isn't much, I know, but I did what I could!
Who donated the 10 grand???
Yay for team effort! I also got my brother (a fellow Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander fan, of course!) to pledge 20$, and my friend pledged as well!
Whatever needs to be done to get this game going, I'll do it! Well, asides from pledging 900 000$... I can't say I have that much money...
I started pledging the early $15 pledge
Then I realised it was my birthday next week, that I love TA, and that I already have an awesome collectors box game coming next year from Double Fine.
So I uppled my pledge to the early $95 pledge, added $15 in for postage and it was to $110, the same amount as I pledged to double fine lol
Thanks again to everyone that is contributing! Every dollar helps us make a better game.
Just as a side note my trusty laptop died last night. So until I get home on Tuesday I'm going to be more limited in my posting than I would like (as I have to borrow a computer).
It's time for a new one anyway as the one that died was pushing 5 years old but it was a surprise to not have it boot. I took it apart to see if I could fix it but there is nothing obviously wrong.
Mumble does not mean chit chat. OK!!!! These game devs are devoting their lives to creating a sequel to my favorite game of all time Total Annihilation. I have donated $100 dollars and plan on giving more. Here is a list of my informative mumbles.
1. I hope that the unit construction and train UI is the same as TA. I loved the large buttons that pictured the units and buildings. Plus the graphite theme made it feel more robotic.
2. I hope they FIX the nano-lathing art work. I loved how in TA, first the green outline of the unit/building was laid, then the inside was slowing filled in.
3. I hope the Devs avoid using stat bonuses for weapon vs. class. For example an archer will deal 5 more dmg points vs. armored infantry, Calvary deals bonus damage vs archers. F*** all that sh##!!!!!!!!!!! Please, just as in TA, use the physics of the projectiles, the movement speed of the unit, and the physics of the unit its self to determine its effectiveness vs other units.
4. Bring back the old economy system of TA! Its unique, separates it from other RTSs, and fits more into the total war which it TA.
5. And please, graphics excluded. remember that a GOOD Game is 90% of the familiar and a cap of 10% pf the new.
Please, all hardcore fans, add noteworthy or meaningful discussion. Thank you
Just backed it!
I'll donate eventually
He must need a vacation
Backed for $95 a couple of days ago. Just now noticed the forum
I donate $100 and I am proud I did.
I pledged $50 dollars, If they added a tier between $50 and $100 for Alpha access and everything below, I'd jump on that in an instant!
I'd probably be interested in that too.
I'm also in.. been a long time since a potential true successor to TA showed up
(I liked supcom, but... it wasn't TA for me )
I pledged, super excited about this. Good luck guys!
It's very much a case of; I want to play in the alpha and I very much want to support Uber, but extra cost for a shirt mightn't be worth it (considering international shipping).
I agree. The SupCom UI was very functional, but lacked soul. I felt purely business - nothing wrong with that, necessarily, but I miss the TA theme.
Yeah, this was part of the huge disconnect between TA and SC for me. It was neat that the different races had different nanolathe animations, but all of them felt kind of... boring. Well, compared to TA at least. The original nanolathe animation was brilliant and still holds up incredibly well even today.
Unless they add shields, I don't think that this is going to be an issue. There's no reason they'd change the underlying combat mechanics when they're pretty much flawless as-is.
Confirmed to be coming back. Again, no real reason they would change this.
I pledged 20$ a few days ago...using Paypal
Any news about the amount collected aside from kickstarter?
Separate names with a comma.