Catalyst should be just OP, not ULTRA OP

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by xxhellgodxx, August 30, 2014.

1. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

They need a lengthy cooldown and an audible notification to notify they are being built.

"One Catalyst is online." / "Annihilaser Charge level at 20%"
    Tripod27 likes this.
  2. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Something like 3 or 4 minutes after they're built to charge up (would help with what that one guy said about sending a unit as soon as construction was started and it still didn't get there in time) and the same 3 or 4 minutes between shots, giving players on the remaining planets a bit of extra time to try and stop it, and making controlling multiple metal planets on larger systems much more important
  3. ssolitude

ssolitude New Member

The catalyst needs a major buff is more like it, that thing is just unreasonably hard to set up.

It is great for demolishing the friend that just started with PA, but is really pointless for anything after that.
  4. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

The Annihilaser is good for what it is as everyone has been saying. But it does need a cooldown between each shot as others have stated. I know that they are visible regard of intel same with halleys when building so that one counter.

Once you have it running it easy to wipe out an entire system of 8 planets in under 30 seconds and to me that game breaking. My suggestion would be a cooldown after each shot but how long of a cooldown I don't know.

Maybe 5 minutes like Command & Conquer with it Superweapons that everyone can see aswell.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It does have a charge up time, just extend the time.

Also, the catalysts can be seen at all times, so the cnc super weapon thing is already in.
  6. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

(Callout about catalysts were added, or were already in)

I think the Annihilaser should be scale-able, have a very long charge up period but able to fire at any point during the charging with differing levels of results.
  7. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

a charge time is all i am putting my vote in for. everything else about it is good although the warning call out should be cool too.