Cast Your Matches!

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by brianpurkiss, August 18, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Oh... right sorry lol
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  2. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i played a FFA 8 playes you could make and brake alliance and me and the other 7 where testing a map i created named Galaxey wars i wanted it to feel like the Sun was like a super-blackhole holding everything togather and Gas planets as suns with planets orbiting round it

replay ID

never understmate me...players always do :p even when i build a army i wipe the players clean

so...can you do a comtarey thingey for this?
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Brian, you haven't posted any in over a month. Any particular reason for this?
    drz1 likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Variety of reasons. I'm bored with the current balance. (granted I haven't tried the 100 vision Dox but I doubt it changed things much) Recording videos is simply boring for me.

I also got a new job, so I've been busy with that. And I have other side projects I'm working on (Shallow Space being one of them).

I keep on telling myself I'll get back into it, but I just... don't have an interest at the moment. Not to mention the holiday season is ramping up, so on top of the new job I've been busy with all of the holiday things.

If we got a new, better, and more varied balance, I'd be all over this. The games are just pretty much all the same... Or they're hour long multi planet matches with lots of dead space. It's not how I want to spend my evenings.

*sigh*

I dunno. Like I said, I keep telling myself I am gonna get back into it. I want to get back into it.
  5. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

But...but the Unit Cannon :eek:
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

There are some interesting things happening with the latest PTE builds and I'm not just talking about the UC.

You should have a read through the change notes, significant dox tweaks, improvements to air behaviour, complete pass on Naval....

The December update is shaping up to be a good one :)
    optimi likes this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We'll see if it's enough.

Getting back into PA is gonna be a challenge, gotta get momentum again. I'm no longer freelancing (working from home) and am instead working for a web firm. So, like I said, I have less free time. And on top of that, I have other projects that I'm working on that have more priority than PA Matches. Shallow Space being the main one.

Running PA Matches simply is a ton of work. Especially since I do it all on my own. It's a massive site. I've opened up opportunities for people to help contribute, but no one took me up on that offer. Or if they did take me up on it, not much came from that offer.

I'll do what I can to get back into things, but no promises.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Fair enough, life commitments have to come before a game. Always my problem, difficult to keep up with these youngsters on the ladder when I get 5 hours a week of total game time compared to their 30+ hours.

It's probably worth waiting a little longer before you come back in, the balance changes are still very much in flux (though by all accounts Naval is now *much* better which is a great start).

Btw that new Space RTS looks superb- a modern Homeworld, something I've been after for a while. Also if you like that have you ever come across Void Destroyer? It's a similar type of game available on Steam early access and it's pretty good (single player only though). I was also really looking forward to Flagship, however they didn't make their funding goal on Kickstarter so that's in question now (they are going to make a second attempt at it though once they have a playable prototype so there is still hope :)).