Can't Join Multiplayer game (Click Join Game Button nothing happens)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by krobertsonsco, September 13, 2014.

1. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

Hello Uber community,

My friend has this problem where he cannot join multiplayer games unless he goes through a process (Temp fix) to be able to join again. Servers are listed in the multiplayer screen but the join button does not function.

Info about this BUG
    • When trying to join a multiplayer game, pressing the JOIN GAME button does not work
    • Not always been the problem only started during a recent update (Estimate 3 weeks)
    • BUG Tracker: PA#4049
    Temp Fix
    • Join a single player game and win vs AI, then going to multiplayer and it works
    Failed Solutions
    • Reinstalling the game
    • Uninstalling all mods
    • Using Faster Server browser MOD
    • Using Tag Map MOD
    Computer Info
    • GPU: GTX 670
    • CPU: I7 3770k
    • RAM: 8GB

I am hoping that the community has came across this issue before and can help my friend out.
    Last edited: September 13, 2014
    Jackbandanna likes this.
  2. mavolio

mavolio New Member

I'm getting this as well. When i create my own game it also takes a long time to create the lobby. When i do finally manage to get into a multiplayer game it runs perfectly with zero issues.
  3. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

Thanks for the reply if you could put down in more detail the issue and what you have done to try and solve it. The more information we have on the problem then the better we can get a solution.
  4. mavolio

mavolio New Member

Looks like once i've gotten into 1 game the lobby loads a lot faster after that. So must be loading some thing that takes ages normally.

I think it's also worth creating a game then leaving as that also makes it slightly faster to join games. Still not great though.
  5. n00n

n00n Active Member

6. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

Thanks for a good response, I have added my vote to the problem I will update the post if this solves the problem.
  7. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

He has installed the MOD and it has resolved nothing the BUG still is effective. Can you explain how this can be used as a workaround ?
  8. n00n

n00n Active Member

Sorry to hear. It works by lowers the bandwidth requirement for the lobby browser, which as of posting (without workarounds) requires 924KB/s (highest I've seen). See the previous discussion for more info.
  9. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

Yes I can see what the MOD does but how does this FIX the specific issue here, I am confused to why you would post a (Workaround) to a different problem.
  10. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

It was suggested as the main cause of not being able to join multiplayer games is usually bandwidth issues... current lobby is over 7 Mbit/sec.

If it only happens directly after startup then you could try the Optimise User Tag Map mod.
  11. krobertsonsco

krobertsonsco New Member

OK thanks for the reply but once again I will state the issue is PRESSING THE JOIN GAME BUTTON DOES NOTHING

Now I'm not being rude here I just want the issue to be clear, I understand there is an issue with connections as well. The person with the issue has tried both the FASTER SERVER BROWER & TAG MAP MOD both with no effect.

Once again thanks for the reply and lets hope we can find a solution to all of our problems :)
  12. n00n

n00n Active Member

This was understood from the beginning (hence the link to the exact bug on the tracker). As explained elsewhere (see above links), if your (friends) connection is completely saturated by the (extremely bloated) lobby listings it will cause connections to a lobby to silently fail.

As mikeyh points out, there is also an issue when first logging in: PA#4068.
  13. channelshifter

channelshifter New Member

I have no issues when logging in, connection is 10mb/s and is very solid using wired connection. I have never had this problem before the 1.0 update. It is not my connection and i can assure that since i played flawlessly before the 1.0 patch that "Fixed a lot of connection problems". I cant see a lot of people having this problem mostly because the game is not actually that big and i know someone i met from twitch that has a solid 100mb/s connection and he is having exactly the same issue. If it was a connection problem it would not be fixed by going in an ai battle then defeating it and going back to the main menu. This is clearly a weird bug. As stated before by Koronas(krobertsonsco) i have re installed the game multiple times and uninstalled and re installed all kind of mods.

-Thank you for your time and appreciation. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, this is my second language.Have a nice day
    Last edited: September 14, 2014
    warrenkc likes this.
  14. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I get this regularly too. I voted up the issue (though it's still on page 2 of open issues ranked by vote).

Basically renders multiplayer unplayable. If I click "Join" and wait I will eventually either join the game or get "Failed To Join" so it's like the request is getting bogged some by something, somewhere.
    warrenkc likes this.
  15. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

I was having this problem back when this thread was created. Then it went away, with the help of "Faster Server Browser Mod (RIP)" but now it is back. I can no longer join multiplayer games and it eats up my entire 1.5Mbit connection. I can however play ranked 1v1 just fine with little problem.

With the latest build the lobby is now listing empty game lobbies as well, cluttering everything up.

Attached Files:

warrenkc likes this.
  16. n00n

n00n Active Member

You should know (it really should be listed in game requirements), on a heavy match the game can require (as it's limited to) 2Mb. Of course that's still not enough for the current uncompressed lobby list (which is just crazy).

I was going to open another ticket on the tracker for this but the Uber guys have already sorted it out. :)
    Last edited: December 7, 2014
    warrenkc likes this.
  17. Davidoffea

Davidoffea New Member

Hello I've found a new quick workaround.

1) At the server list, try to create a game, it will try to connect with “Login Accepted”, usually here you are stuck.
    2) You kill the game with ALT+F4.
    3) Then you reopen it, Connecting to PlayFab, it says “You are already assigned to a game - Reconnect/Abandon”. Any way now it’s the same.
    4.1) Suppose you click Abandon, you recreate the game, after few seconds you’ll see Game Lobby.
    4.2) If you click Reconnect, you are directly in the Game Lobby as Host again.

I've also posted the solution here: PA#4049

Well, at least to me it works.
    I hope to you too, enjoy.

Davidoffea
    (Davide)
  18. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

@Davidoffea
    Yeah I see why that works. You could even try to join a multilayer game, and then when you are stuck at the Login Accepted, just close out and reboot. Because even while you are trying to join, you are still downloading the uncompressed room listings which needs lots of bandwidth. By rejoining on the restart you are avoiding having to download the room listings and so able to join. Another way I get around this is by having people invite me into games after a reboot of the game.

For the love of God Uber just compress the stream already, and maybe even filter out unjoinable games. I can remember playing AofE on dial up, with long lists of joinable games, and yet Uber can't seem to do this one simple thing for my slow DSL. I now can't play during and soon after Steam sales due to the number of games listed, or during the weekend. I now have to play off peak to even get in a game.

Or bring back the Faster Server Browser mod, which worked well for me.