Cannot join populated servers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by sahroo, January 25, 2011.

1. lordjrs

lordjrs New Member

Today i played online with my friends in Blitz mode. The only way to play online for now is to host a server and let my friends join to it. And no, still can't connect to servers. And no, i can't create Crossfire matches.

Edit: My modem is a SpeedTouch 330.
  2. FTP

FTP New Member

Same problem, I guess.

It's quite situational. On some servers I can spend over an hour, some drop me after one or two rounds, some drop me in the first round. I can't make anything out of it. My network is properly set up and everything :I
  3. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Alright, so I tried playing on my brother's computer, and guess what? It worked.
    Played two full matches, no problem.

Now why can I not play on my computer?

I used to play on this computer just fine until the update on January 19th, so what could the problem be?

Edit: Also, we're on the same network, connected to the same router and we're both connected through an ethernet cable.
    Edit again: I also tried putting my computer into the DMZ, and there was no change.
  4. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

Hmm, do both computer's have the same specs?
  5. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Not even close. I don't know the specifics on my brother's computer, but I do know it has a tri core processor and is running two vid cards in SLI and is running Win7

While my computer is a single core processor running an AGP vid card and is running WinXP. But I was able to play MNC on this computer just fine for a few days, so I don't see how it's a hardware problem.
  6. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

Well, my pc is fairly low-end, so I was thinking the problem might be with freezing up during the loading process. I know the server browser slows my framerate immensely.
  7. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Nah, my computer doesn't freeze during the loading process, it just loads and then kicks me out. Server browser lags for me too, but only if I use the mouse wheel to scroll.

Edit: oh, server browser is fine now. But I still can't join servers. Game build 19802.
  8. someguyhunter

someguyhunter New Member

latest patch.

i can still host blitz servers. sometimes the game crashes AFTER we get into the game but VERY rarely.

i am trying to host crossfire matches. i can get to the lobby and the game will start. then after i pick my class i notice that i am the only one in the server. everyone else was dropped/kicked.

plz help.
  9. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

Build # 19802

Attempting to join a populated server runs the load screen, blacks it, runs another load screen, then I'm back at the main menu.

Attempting to join an empty server (possibly one in the lobby? Maybe that's the 'sweet spot') presents with no problems.
  10. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Build 20028
    Still no change.
    I'm going to reformat soon, see if that will do anything, but I don't think it will. But then maybe I'm wrong.
  11. Mata

Mata New Member

Don;t reformat, a lot of people are having the same issue, including myself. Although for me the problem has changed to a "Connection Lost" if I try to join any server :/
  12. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Well, I was planning to reformat anyway, It's not cause of MNC. I reformat a lot.
  13. voodoo dummie

voodoo dummie New Member

same problem over here

select server, wait a small bit in the servers list, loadingscreen, black screen and finaly the main menu screen with the haunting and known message "your connection to the host has been lost"

however, i dont have a wireless internet so that isn't the problem

UBER, wake up. big problem here that needs to be solved. double time!
  14. sahroo

sahroo New Member

Alright, my computer is reformatted and I am now using Win7.

Today I managed to somehow get into the second server I tried to connect to, played for like a minute and then left because I forgot to install my video drivers.

Afterwards I could not connect to any server.

I also changed the Ethernet port I was using, but I don't think that would have changed anything anyway.
  15. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni