Can you see why he is saying this?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Trisdino, June 29, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I thought of star citizen. MUCH MORE than PA got. But I know for a fact PA had a fraction of the development funding of Supreme Commander as well as at least half the time of it? Star citizen, I know got many million, but is it still less than Titanfall?

Normally, I would agree. But no. It can not die yet. Not until it's arguement fall on invalid premise, and everyone arguing it knows they are only based on invalid impulse arguement. When the arguement is rendered completely bullcrap, then, it has my permission to die.
    [​IMG]
    There is a symbiosis where if the company is hurt it hurts the product and hurts the customer. We are talking to a degree of course, I mean nothing should be put ahead of the customer, except that the blunt of these arguements are on a random angry whim, not an actual customer benefit.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. Trisdino

Trisdino New Member

Guys, do not let the devs lie to you. Figuring out new ways to screw over customers, while technically innovation, is hardly something to be celebrating. Whoever you twist it, finding more creative ways to make people pay for stuff that aint done yet is not a good thing, and Uber is just coming up with excuses.

Stop telling us that you are innovating, and that some people do not buy digital, and tell us why it is okay to try to entice people into buying stuff that aint done. You are not putting up a game on steam early access with a big disclaimer saying "this game is early, you may not want to buy it", you are making a boxed version saying "GET IN EARLY AND GET THIS EXCLUSIVE COMMANDER!!!", and that is not okay.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Why?
    stuart98 and thetrophysystem like this.
  4. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

As of right now, Star Citizen is at $47,432,273 USD.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Your futile efforts to save this thread have failed.
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Defend it all you want, we were given a proper release date once but had it replaced with a perpetual beta and yet most people seem to consider that a genuinely good thing. As if continuously updating a game is only possible before release. I am just bitter, I know, but do not think that this kind of publicity will do this game any good in the long run.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't want them to release the game in it's currents state claiming it's "Finished" then continuing updates afterwards. This game is not complete, and they haven't once claimed it was. If this box didn't say "Early access" everyone would be happy, that's fucked up.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

What exactly are you bitter over? Genuine question, not trying to provoke anything.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Buy GTA5 SPECIAL PREORDER EDITION a month early, get a free in-game blimp to fly, disclaimer: blimp may be available as DLC a month after game releases.

I don't see the difference between PA, and GTA5, except early access.

Now, there have been kickstarter scams, but that is saying something is possible, not something is PA. There have also been terrible games sold on pre-order, no refund was given. There have also been terrible games sold at retail release, no refund was given. There have been games sold in glitchy unfinished states as retail box discs, that many people bought and complained.

So, this is a full rainbow of situations. Some people are black and white, unfinished games can't be sold. That means half of modern games are wrong, and anything kickstarter which means damn this game from the start. Some people are shades of gray, and there are MANY shades of gray, Star Citizen, Rust, PA, Starbound, Broken Age, GTA5, Battlefield 4. The sad thing is, unfinished games can't be sold doesn't cover those well, because most GOOD ones from that list are unfinished and most BAD ones are finished, because GTA5 was plagued with more glitches than hell while a lot of in-dev games actually are more straightforward and flexible.
    GTA5 is in perpetual beta. Haven't played it in a few months, played it for a few months after release, did "heists" ever get added btw? If not, TOLD YOU SO. If so, BOUT DAMN TIME. THAT is the GTA5 Unit Cannon, right there.

Shades of gray. Most games are in perpetual beta after release, PA chose to spend more time in beta actually pre-release, rather than spend time in beta after release.
  10. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

If a video game being released in box labeled early access is a life crisis, then i weep for humanity.

Too many sheep.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Eh, I tried.
    I didn't try very hard, though.
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

*insertra'salghulgifthatIcan'tbeassedmakingbecauseit's6amhere*
  13. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Monetisation, release schedule, technological foundation, balancing approach, in this order. Send me a PM if you want some actual reasoning. I am out of this thread.
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Stop being offended at a group of people trying to make a living in their chosen field.

No one is perfect, least of all Uber. Cut them some slack. They may agree with some of your points. They may not. I don't care either way - respect their work and get over yourself.
    shotforce13 and thetrophysystem like this.
  15. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

All I know is early access / kickstarter has produced some quality games so far, even if they are in an unfinished state like PA. Early access games have almost single-handedly resurrected my interest in games.
  16. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

I personally wouldn't go that far, but I would say that many of my recent game purchases have been Early Access, and only 2-3 Kickstarters. I'm also much more discerning on what I pick, so I've been happy with all of them.

In regards to people saying PA has been in Early Access for a long time, Kerbal Space Program is one Early Access that has been that way forever, but is a great game.
  17. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Game gets released on Steam early access, no outcry.
    Game gets released on retail early access, rioting in the streets!

Or are we just angry because we don't get the Armalisk commander?
    shotforce13 and stuart98 like this.
  18. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

I dont know, maybe ive played this too much, but this was so much fun in the alpha, right now the game just feels messy, and it gets worse and worse, with them trying to sell as many copies as possible right now, targeting only a few new customer but mostly people who collect the commander, i see a bad ending for this. Theres no real reason for a "REAL" release, they will not make much more money anymore, and even less with the content they would do afterwards. This looks like getting as much money out of it before the game dies and then back out.
  19. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Of course they'll make money! Are you not expecting them to market the product at all?
  20. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

After skimming 13 pages, I have come to the conclusion that people like to prove points and argue. Also Brad Nicholson is good at delivering answers. I wish he linked to the thread that Adam wrote regarding the retailer specific commander.