Can we just get this out of the way?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by endurrr, March 1, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You're over thinking this just a teeny tiny bit don't you think? ;)

"No, it shouldn't be in vanilla because I don't want it to."

Is.. Guess what? A no with a reason why you should stop trying to have a discussion too!
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

the difference of course bing in the fact we don't post on our own on this forum, we are in fact amongst many other people so getting more pull with one type of retort will differentiate the two.

no I am not overthinking this.

I am thinking this in just the right amount and it would suit others well not to downplay the foul play going on on this forum as of late.
  3. squishypon3

Then why does it matter that one person tells you that you should mod it.. or request it be modder in? Oh glorious double standards!

Everything you're saying applies to both ways of saying no! The only difference is with one thing, something may actually be done. A mod may actually be created!

If someone says "I don't want this in vanilla as I don't like it, but you could mod it in", and someone agrees. They would have agreed if he had simply said "I don't want it in the game because I dislike the idea."

Any extra power in the words is simply within your own mind, as I can tell you it wouldn't sway my opinion in either direction. To me both are exactly the same, and one holds no power over the other.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Okay. If he rather me not say no but there are mods, then I will do something better:

I will respond with "No." to something, and then go to PMs and message everyone I know to "combo-no" the thread with a long line of "No." and see how long a combo we can make before a c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker.
  5. tatsujb

it does because they're not actually saying that.

they're using that sentence to win the argument and that's low.
  6. squishypon3

it does because they're not actually saying that.

they're using that sentence to win the argument and that's low.[/QUOTE]

That's just a generalized assumption on your part.

Even if it is how you portray it then any way to persuade people your opinion is right is low. Like saying "No this shouldn't be in the game because most people don't want it to be" or, "No this shouldn't be in the game because the devs don't want it to be", etc.. etc...

Who decides what form of persuasion is low or not?
    MrTBSC likes this.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

better yet .. how is it even rude at all? ..
  8. MrTBSC

way to go on reading way too much into that stuff ... this to me only says you want those guys to shut up as well ... no better
  9. tatsujb

Guys all I see here is you guys being uppity and up in my face when I'm the first in this thread to call for a cease fire and also explain why this doesn't need to get out of hand when all I'm doing is defending the OP.

I'm speaking from experience about what I've witnessed here on the forums and forgive me if I use forum and experience in the same sentence but that's something I believe isn't to far out for me.
  10. MrTBSC

if you feel that way then give yourself a rest ...
    no one here wants to jump on anothers throat ...
    if we want to grow as community than we should be able to discuss such difficult topics and not just determine to people what they should say or not ...