Can we get paid?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by kazzymodus, July 3, 2013.

1. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

I really want my Gunslinger uniform in game, put a lot of work into it and feel like it turned out alright. Stroopwafel flair would be nice just to see Jammy's reaction and Robo Uniform as well, cause he doesn't have any yet. TBH wouldn't care a lot if the rest of my stuff didn't get in, I'm not really proud of it.
  2. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

speaking of which, I don't think custom karl buddies are possible.
  3. kazzymodus

kazzymodus Active Member

I do, it's just a different static mesh. The cannon itself is a much bigger problem, actually, since the actual launcher is part of Karl's base model.
  4. jbeetle

I'm just going off of the time the dev, probably bgolus, said it wasn't setup to do so.
  5. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

I am sure of one thing, if there is another batch of UCC, uber will have to do things differently. It took 6 months for payment and we have no contract to prevent legal issues. I have a feeling that uber's attorney is not happy about it.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I think it would probably have been best to sort out legal and payment issues BEFORE releasing the UCC
  7. jbeetle

What legal issues are you even expecting?
  8. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

I can think of a few situations:

1.The creator steals copyrighted content from someone else for thier creation. There was an incident like that at DOTA2.
    2. Merchandise based off the UCC content. http://i.imgur.com/j6gB5cS.png
    3.Ownership of the UCC is clearly defined to prevent any major problems.
    4.Uber and UCC member are protected from each other in legal matters.
  9. jbeetle

1. If copyrighted material was stolen, you would do nothing about it since the costs to pursue such a thing in this case would put you well in the hole.
    2. That's completely laughable.
    3. This is incredibly vague, not to mention ownership is already clearly defined since Uber has our personal info. No one with any power will mistake someone else for you.
    4. Defining legal issues I questioned by calling them legal matters didn't help clarify what you mean at all.

and this is all giving UCC way more credit and importance than is realistic.