Came to apologize?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ac19189, June 17, 2013.

1. ac19189

ac19189 New Member

While I don't agree with the price tag of the game on steam I original made a post on the forums with the stand point of steam users getting screwed because we were late to the game. However I did not read the kickstarter closely enough and made a mistake.

I original was under the impression that the kickstarter users were getting more for their 90 dollar backing but after having someone point this out closely I noticed it was only digital goods. Most of which would be unreasonable to ask for at purchase of the steam copy. I original took my stand based on the fact that we were getting less for the same amount but this is not the case it was within reason. I do feel like the price tag is still too high but that is within your right to charge what you want for the game.

I personally cannot afford it though I would enjoy playing the game it is outside of my price range at what I make and spend on bills. So all I can do is wait however I just felt I needed to come an apologize because in my original post I was clearly at mistake here. I do plan on making an edit to the top of the post explaining this. Good luck with the dev of the game and again I am sorry for more or less being an ***. :)
  2. sacrificial_soul

sacrificial_soul Member

How good of you sir to acknowledge this!! +1 life karma points to you
  3. ac19189

ac19189 New Member

Well I felt it was needed I made a rather big deal over it. I was wrong I should atleast admit that I was attempting to have a logical chat over it on steam and logically speaking my original post was wrong. I took the stand on my original post that I was looking for a logical person to have a chat with in reguards to this whole backlash. All I got was fanboys posting... So at no point did anyone sit down and say HEY you are wrong because this and this it was more or less just being flamed.

So I was never corrected until I looked at it again when attempting to make a point against someone that was having a chat with me. At which point I admited I was wrong and from here on out have and will retrack my negitive views against the whole thing.
    As I said before I feel its a bit much for a alpha and I could never afford it however the statement that they are doing it to be fair to kickstarters is just that a legit statement I originally thought it was a reason to justify the means but its just as it says being fair within reason. :p I felt like an utter *** for missing it so I had to apologize :x MY MOMMA BROUGHT ME UP BETTER!
  4. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

See, and now, you're better than the majority of all people. :p

Congratulations, thank you, and you're quite awesome. :)
  5. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

You have courage. Welcome at the Uber Forums. :mrgreen:
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Welcome to the forum!
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You have a great attitude towards dealing with your own mistakes.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm impressed.
  9. ac19189

ac19189 New Member

I will most likely buy it closer to release if I can afford it. It sounds like it will be a good game. :p
  10. felipec

felipec Active Member

Wow! faith in the internet restored!
  11. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Gather everyone in the circle of acceptance and glorious joy while we perform the dance of friendship.

If our leader is impressed then you are free to have my milk every day.
  12. plink

plink Active Member

True character right there.
  13. feyder

feyder Member

Welcome to the light side ;)
  14. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

If it makes you feel better, the price will drop a lot up till retail price. (Don't know if that was mentioned yet.)

I'll say. :O I've been a mod for two and a half years on a big game forum and this is literally a first for me to see.
  15. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

Cool. You've earned a cookie :D
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Act in haste, repent at leisure ;)

Takes a strong person to admit they're wrong and a stronger one to apologise.

Good on you!
  17. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

If I had the money I'd pay for your access to the alpha sir
  18. Artaire

Artaire New Member

I second the OP, I also acted recklessly and instantly started flaming the crap out of these hard working guys because of the price without all the facts, the last thing they need on their plate is people flaming the crap out of them, so for that I apologize again. Ofc once I gathered all the facts I felt like a complete ***. I guess I was mad aswell because quite frankly I can't afford it but I want to help the game develop lol and ofc play it.

Whether anyone actually cares about what I said or not I don't know (This is the internet ^^) But I plan on buying the Alpha bundle as soon as I can. Its the least I can do quite frankly and besides I wanna help make the game great.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread act, I just recently joined and thought this would be appropriate.
  19. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

There is always a garnered respect for people who admit their wrong because they've taken the time to look at the facts again.

It takes a man* to admit they're wrong, it takes an even bigger man* to actually look into an issue and see that they're wrong before admitting it.

*man(add "wo" in front if applicable).
  20. ac19189

ac19189 New Member

xD I didnt make the post in an attempt to get a copy of the game but thank you for the offer. I would feel bad if I didn't pay for it after all the trouble I made. I just wanted to make sure the staff knew I was sorry for what I had said and done. :p I have like 150 games on steam got enough to play as it stands hehe I will prob buy a copy of this when it gets closer to release. ;)