BUY NOW

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by pound symbol, May 29, 2011.

1. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Halo Reach was supposed to be the last Bungie Halo game, and it was.
  2. Big Ordeal

Big Ordeal New Member

Just to clarify: Microsoft has the rights to Halo, however Bungie is now under Activison. That means that Bungie will no longer be making halo titles, while Microsoft beats them out of 343 industries until the Halo franchise is dead.

My opinion: Bungie not making Halo 4 already killed it for me.
  3. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Most people don't seem to remember that 343 Studios is composed primarily of people that worked on Halo CE and Halo 2. Halo 3 was made by a different Bungie than the one that made the first two games. Of new Bungie's games, Reach is far and away the best one.

So I expect Halo 4 to be up to snuff in a big way.
  4. teapot

teapot Post Master General

the further they stray from Halo CE, the worse it gets. Halo Reach is practically Call of Duty: Master Chief edition in my eyes.

in terms of quality of gameplay, Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo Reach > Nothing > Halo CE

I will give it to up to Halo 2 though. Although Halo CE was the most competitive of the series, The amount of **** you could do on Halo 2 amazed me. For such little options you had so many different options in how you wanted to play. I also dug the 4v4 aspect of gameplay as opposed to 2v2.

anybody have a good review of the halo ce "remake"?
  5. Raggles

Raggles New Member

Here you go brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJUuSq4 ... ideo_title

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172870p1.html

From what I'm seeing it looks like it's going to be absolute t i t s. Can't wait for this to come out.

The campaign is literally just a graphical upgrade layed out over the original game and original engine. You can press a button at any time to swap from the updated graphics to how the game originally looked. Really cool ****.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer portion of the game is built into the reach engine. It may not end up being all that bad, we'll just have to wait and see.

The fact that it's only going to be $40 is really nice. Definitely worth it from what I've seen so far.
  6. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

LOL...Microsoft is milking the hell out of that cash cow.
  7. teapot

def need to know more about the multiplayer, but the campaign gameplay looks pretty spot on to halo CE.

hell I'd seriously pay $100 for a Halo CE that was live enabled (and had a community)
    naka333 likes this.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Wait, they updated the graphics and didn't add anything, not even balancing. They didn't expand the story or added epic render sequences and goodies? They used an already existing engine (a penny saved is a penny earned) and they are taking $40 for this? :shock:

PS: Just for comparison, I bought ALL Valve games in existence (including Portal, all Half Lifes, TF2, L4D...) for the same price on Steam during the X-mas sale.
  9. Raggles

Raggles New Member

They are adding things to the campaign. They said they'll be adding terminals as well as cut scenes and bunch of other undisclosed content. It's a full graphical overhaul with an entire multiplayer portion added as well (which will be balanced). I'm not sure why you don't think it's worth $40. it's pretty ridiculous to say that Microsoft is being greedy with this at all.

You just criticized the game without doing any research on it. That's how idiotic rumors get started. Please stop it.
  10. teapot

Oh daaaayum ****'s getting hot in hurrr.

I have maybe multiple Halo CE discs, and even downloaded the game off the marketplace. 343 studio's looks like they're taking pride in making this remake feel like the OG. The only thing that matters to me is the multiplayer though. I wouldn't pay $5 for the new campaign but would pay $100 for multiplayer capabilities.

If they **** up then my faith in halo is completely lost. The guys working on this are literally the people who could save the series from what it's become. It's funny because every game feels like COD now. It'd almost be revolutionary to go back to a game where it's impossible to win without teamwork.
    naka333 likes this.
  11. Airwags

Airwags New Member

No H1 multiplayer, just "classic maps" in Reach multiplayer. Hopefully this will change before release.
  12. Robbert

Robbert New Member

I say what you should do with that $40, you should buy a four pack of mnc, give it to your friends, make them play it alot, and buy a BIG ice cream from the rest of the money.
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Rev Rabies,

You are a guest in our house. Stop acting like a jackass or you will not be welcomed here any more.
  14. Coverop

Coverop New Member

^
    ^
    ^
    This guy is the best. Read and learn from it.
  15. teapot

its been made clear and clear again that you guys don't care if we're here or not. I guess thats why the TEG forums were stickied
    naka333 likes this.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Of course we like people to be on our forums. We said we don't care for people that threaten to leave with ultimatums or want to be part of other forums. You are free to do what you want to do, just follow the rules and be nice to peeps.
  17. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

well that shut them up.
  18. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Also, Buy now has both XBOX and PC. /thread
  19. bro1016

bro1016 New Member

You haven't locked the thread upon entering that last post?

Ok then...

[​IMG]
  20. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

can you tell us how many people pick which one in about a month.