Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. Deletive

Deletive Member

Grenadiers are actually pretty useful now but could still use a little tweak on cost.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am still going to mention by the way @jables , the things I always mention that you didn't address this patch, which may I add is less than half the stuff I have had to mention the last 20 times I had to mention it. Hell, I will mention the old stuff with a strikethrough just for effect:

-pelican t1 because commander has aa and ubercannon has been nerfed and t1 structures buffed(note: probably should move slightly slower because it is really decent already and would be even if 80% the speed of a fighter)
    -cheaper grenadier (optional buff)(note: a range buff making it longer than t1 tanks makes it over-micro and overpowered in general but damn does it do antitower well now)
    -combat fabbers cost lower since they only costed so much back when they could build like regular fabbers
    -astraeus adjustment for uniqueness and utility in combat drops
    -make mines completely undetectable by radar and vision, do 60-120 damage, over a range of 10 units, with a 5 distance trigger or 10 distance trigger and a 1 second delay so a group of units walks well over one before triggering. All this can be done in the current mine's .json and it would be a badass game mechanic all of a sudden, a suprise army softener and anti early raid defense.
    -ubercannon armor percents, given that t1 structures were buffed, armor can be removed from ubercannon, except maybe against other commanders?
    -t2 structures health buffed too greatly compared to t1, reduce t2 factory healths to 15-20k for instance. (if you think about it, a mild price reduction and strength reduction on t2 would make 12k health reasonable for t2 factory, which means you can remove nuke armor percentage as well as commanders would survive a 12k damage nuke)
    -more I am probably forgetting, I will be back on it.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
    Remy561 and Deletive like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If @liquius' Better System Generation (Was that what it was called?) mod still works then you should still be good.
  4. Deletive

Deletive Member

I agree with these. mines are pretty much never used in a game and should go completely undetectable.
  5. stuart98

Found it! Better in-lobby Planet Generation.

Mod breaks lobbies though and Liquius seems to be inactive, makes me sad. :(
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I love these changes.

Love the SXX and tac to orbit missiles.

Love the no reclaim on orbital fabbers (Was really silly anyway.)

Love the changes to combat fabbers.

10/10 would play again.
    lafncow, radongog, cdrkf and 3 others like this.
  7. stuart98

SXX change I'm skeptical of. Metal cost decreased to a fourth but damage only cut by half? SXX rush might very well be a thing.

Dox vision is probably a wee bit too much now, we'll see.

Combat fabs might need a metal drain nerf along with a heavy HP buff.

Everything else seems great.

Interesting how they're taking energy the same route it took in Statera (although to be fair much of that route was due to Cola_Colin's expansionist(?) mod.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

They are not superweapons any more, so surely we should see more combined arms usage to win ground battles, mesa thinks.

Edit: Google imagine search in unsure of what a Gound is.
    websterx01 likes this.
  9. stuart98

Derpy typo is derpy, reread.
    websterx01 and igncom1 like this.
  10. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Interesting change in the latest PTE.

- Bluehawk, Stingray, and Tactical Missile Launcher can now target the orbital layer
    - Bluehawk, Stingray, and Tactical Missile Launcher now have anti-drop pod weapons with the same rate of fire as their tactical missiles

I call copyright infringement. Orbital Warfare Overhaul Mod TM :)

@emraldis @mgmetal13 @Crembels
  11. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Here's the map I was playing, me vs 1 Absurd AI with 1.0 resources, it was about a 50 minute game because I usually let the AI have some time to build up while I pressure it slightly.
    I was basically only defending on the starting planet Fonstantinople (800) and left the AI completely alone on the other two planets for a long time.

Attached Files:

12. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Nice changes !
    Looking forward to some awesomely drops in the future.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

great minds just think alike :p
    thetrophysystem, xankar and mgmetal13 like this.
  14. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

Shouldn't orbital fabricators be able to reclaim destroyed teleporters?
    Sometime you build a teleporter and there isn't a lot of room to build a second one.
    ViolentMind, bsergent and ef32 like this.
  15. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

About time!
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Actually, adding a drop sequence to Pelicans could be a very useful balancing lever. We've seen they've tweaked the vertical movement speed of the Astreus in this PTE.

Making pelicans fast at zipping around the map but taking a couple of seconds to unload could put them in an interesting position and set them apart from the slow-horizontal-but-fast-vertical movement of the Astreus.
    mered4, lokiCML, rivii and 2 others like this.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah that would be fine. Insta drop means you should never lose the ferried units. Build a scout/radar and you are good to go. I have no problem with this as it suits my playstyle perfectly but it is extremely strong when used properly.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@stuart98 +1 for combat fab hp buff. They're supposed to be a frontline unit however they don't live long enough imo. A bit less bp in exchange for more health would be a good compromise I think.
    burntcustard and raphamart like this.
  19. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

wtf this sounds uber awesome, like, everything I'd change changed the way I wanted. Can't wait to get home
  20. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

@jables: Loving these changes (although it hurts to see that OrbitalReclaim is gone, but it looks like you got something to make up with this...), next one I´d suggest are:
    Stronger stats for defense structures, but energy reload costs for ever defense structure, like the holkins already got. Why? Because in combination with the reduced power plant health this will result in ways more interesting base attack strats! Kill enemies power supply and the defense efficiency is critically reduced!
    You know what? That´s the reason why folks around like shields, it´s the same basic idea, but this time without shields! And this would be awesome. :D Because shields sucks! :mad::mad::mad:
    ArchieBuld and raphamart like this.