Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I haven't tested the Anchors yet, but if they are as good as people are saying against Avengers, then what are we supposed to do on Gas Giants when people spam Anchors to defend it? Or will blowing up Jigs to take out Anchors be a viable offense?
  2. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Y U NO KSP
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Orbital booms?

super spammy fast satellites that can swarm anchors with ease, but have a rough time against avengers (tweak avenger ROF to help with this)
    pieman2906 likes this.
  4. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

I don't remember ever trying it out, but couldn't you nuke the gas giant to at least make an opening to get yourself in? Or does the increased radius on gas giants put the anchor above the range of a nuke blast?
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Also excited to hear that asteroids are at least being experimented with, according to a comment on Steam. Wonder how they will end up being implemented...
    Remy561 likes this.
  6. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

T2 fighter should be at least 3xdps, if not 2xdps of T1 fighter. It can't be powerful, it needs to fill specific nitche in T2, not be better or even equal to T1. Lets change this Uber, please :)

But I like idea overall, something more to help invade worlds. But sad, because my strat was to use alot of bombers to cut off enemy :<

Also, now we need naval transport between planets! Boat changing into massive space rocket and flying between planets and landing on water would be awesome, but regular water teleport will be fine :)

Also, if we are at boats, T2 boat going on land would be cool. Yes, I know, Cybrian T2 boat from SupCom, but sorry, its just too awesome. And makes naval more usefull on land later on. Please Uber, pretty please.
    christer1966 likes this.
  7. Deletive

Deletive Member

Can we get a change to combat fabs and their mines?
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

RCBM has these - they're fun.
    stuart98, zweistein000 and Remy561 like this.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Several bug reports for the map editor as have been trying to make some water only maps with CSG Platforms

• It is way too hard to generate an all water or near all water planet. Can setting the slider to 100 please give a 100% water planet?
    • Setting water depth to max makes it impossible to see where all the spawn points are, as ones in the water are invisible
    • I managed to make an almost all water planet with 4 metal platforms to spawn on, but for some reason even though the editor shows metal spots on the platforms, when I load the map in a game there is no metal on those spots. Something is still very buggy with saving the advanced edits.
    • It seems like there is a specific bug where placing metal spots on CSGs causes them to be lost when loaded
    Last edited: January 27, 2015
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the T2 fighters being better than T1 fighters, its frikkin T2 ffs although given that it has the additional ability then make it so that T1 fighters are more efficient metal-wise than T2. 1v1 the T2 fighter should still win every time.

In a game against burntcustard last night, I covered a moon in boom bots, t1 fighters, t2 fighters, bombers and bluehawks and he really struggled to break through. I was busy sending my own attacks over to his larger planet and really neglected the defensive game. The problem was that I didn't really have a great deal of factories so it wasn't as if I'd blanket covered the moon.

It shouldn't be possible to play really badly with only a token few factories and still be able to lock down a moon against invasions. The only way he could break through was to send a nuke, followed by t2 fighters, all his orbital and 5 unit cannons at the same time. That is a serious investment!

I felt that the bluehawks were one of the main problems here as their anti-orbital defense is very strong
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm unsure what extra anti-orbital weapons are for. Has there ever been a point where orbital has been too strong? Hasn't the issue always been the difficulty of invading?
  12. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

Just noticed that subs target units being built by a ship yard rather than the shipyard itself. It could be just a torpedo thing though, I haven't had a chance to play around with naval too much.
  13. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

That's a problem I've seen in air factories and orbital factories too, even if you are targetting the factories themselves. Very annoying
  14. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Its not about you being ok with it, its about Uber frykin smart design of units in the game. T2 is not BETTER, its specialized. T1 never should be not good later in game. Too many rtses made that mistake and PA can't make it AGAIN. T2 fighter should be slow, not overpowered against T1, because its for invasion of some spot on another planet. You cover small-medium spot on enemy planet, build with enginners teleport and invade. They are not for air dominance. They are for fast interplanetary defence and invasion. And that is a smart design.
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

supporters of RCBM, Stratera and all the other balance mods used that argument of T1 / T2 unit diversity and unit role and look at how many people played those mods
    Last edited: January 27, 2015
  16. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Still seeing alot of engineers getting stuck between building, also sometimes they dont build all the stuff they have been queue up to do.
  17. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I was wondering this as well. I'm not very good at PA, but surely doesn't the usage cost decrease make the SSX balance it out a bit? I still feel like some sort of dedicated orbital-orbital artillery would be handy, maybe it has some kind of limited range ground attack... shrug. I'm no game developer.
  18. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Maybe gas giant basedef improvements or something?
  19. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Whats your point? Its not like many people play any mods at all. Its not Dota 2 with milions of players every day...

What I said is a design of game and its already in game. Im not taking this out of my ***. Im just saying that we should not break it for future units.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

What? You can't build ground unit on gas giants.