Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I MUST HAVE PROOF.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

I'm so psyched about these changes, really balances and engages orbital vs. terrestrial play. :)
    Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  3. mered4

He's changing it so they can see the tanks just before they die. Instead of the previous change, where they would die right as they saw the tanks. It's closer to TrophySystem and I's deduction that 120 is close to the golden balance.
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Might be a good time to fix the following:
    • games settings lost when browsing a system (title, mode, alliances, starting, spectators, global chat, tag, friends/public, password, etc)
    • refresh of UI when host downloads server mod
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Why did you guys have to release this the night I have an abstract due? Noooo...

Just kidding this looks amazing. HUGE cuts to the price of the combat fabber! Orbital sounds totally reversed. It's going to be much more dynamic now! SSX is affordable!

A whole new game and in the best possible way. I'm going to buy a new commander to celebrate.
    Remy561 and ArchieBuld like this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

played a few tests vs the AI to get a first feel: Feels promising energy wise
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm liking the changes! Looking forward to testing out if Grenadiers work a bit better now. Initial reaction is they may need a little extra, but I'll reserve judgement until I've had chance to try them :)
  8. mered4

How about transporter wise? I've been going air first -> rush transport -> send comm to largest mex concentration -> win
  9. cola_colin

well I did fabbers instead of the com, as the transport is really really made of paper now. So if you are unlucky one stray fighter will end it for you. Don't see a problem with that for now. Might change after many tests.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  10. mered4

The transporter gets out ~2 sec before the fighter does, I think. As long as it isnt a long move, you should be fine.

Transporter OP bro. I really think it should be slower.
  11. mered4

Also, I'm playing some test games now. Come join! the more the merrier! :D
  12. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Changes sound really promising. Is insta drop still a thing with pelicans? Hopefully t2 can become viable mid game.

As for energy snipes. Build a turret and you are safe. Bombers have been nerfed hard lately so won't be a problem. Cheaper to drop some infernos and use the target priority for bombers as a meat shield.
  13. Clopse

Yeah but having your commander building metal will slow your early game and leave home base undefended. Bad move imo.
    cola_colin likes this.
  14. cola_colin

Yes
  15. Clopse

That should be fixed. Pelicans op. Back to control the skies control the game me thinks.
    mayhemster and cptconundrum like this.
  16. cola_colin

probably yeah. A slight delay certainly would be nice. Maybe instead of the hp drop.
  17. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

RIP me and my team-mate's main source of income :(:(:(:(:(:(
    elodea likes this.
  18. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Given time the AI expands much more than it used to, but watching the replay I feel it's limited by the amount of fabbers it makes, I'm a guy who uses and wastes a lot of fabbers on suicide missions though.
    It still doesn't grab all the metal on his owned planets though it is much better.

The AI does put the metal it has to good use to attack me with blobs of units, having more metal makes more and bigger blobs so getting more metal needs an even higher priority.

My personal rule is, if I'm alone on the planet ? then at least 4 fabbers are area building mex on the entire planet until I got them all.
    If I'm not alone on the planet I do the same thing but send the fabbers to build metal in area's away from the enemy base.
    I think the AI should do the same.
  19. Clopse

Yeah but that's not good efficient play. It's too many fabbers( well at least was). Pretty sure it is still to much.
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I won't lie, some of these changes are severe as all hell. But the main point is, a LOT of these are HUGE improvements in removing old legacy issues. This is the single most impressive balance patch yet. Even more than naval so far. Or anything else so far.
    iron71, bsergent, Remy561 and 2 others like this.