Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I don't have a new enough computer to run the server locally. I ran PA.exe from a command prompt and it said nothing.
  2. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

While I'm bummed I'm not able to play right now because of the bug, this should be expected from time to time as that's the idea of PTE, and I'd like to see more PTE updates not less. It seems like only a small subset of people are having the issue.. I guess something makes us "special" :D

Jables when you guys figure out the issue can you share a little on what it was? I'm really curious.

Is anyone able to play vs the AI on metal?

Has anyone that is having issues tried to play multiplayer and does it work for them?
  3. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

This PTE is minded for testing the balance, so dont know why they took the risk of breaking the game ;) Missing vital playtest over the weekend because of this.
  4. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

problem with PTE...

deletes almost all metal spots on my custom naval map

submarines are not there at all not even there icon
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do you maybe have any mods?
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

If submarine isn't stealthy, then you've really missed the point of submarine.
    l3tuce and stuart98 like this.
  7. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

yes...should i turn them all off?
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

could be worth a try in general when you have issues after a patch or in PTE
  9. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

fixed it..needed up todate the mod :p still problems with the custom planet...il try and see if they are removed compleatly...if so i will readd the metal spots
  10. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

there in there in the planet ediiter...but when i load the map and play..there is like only 1 or 2 metal spots!
    madsnorgaard likes this.
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

because it's pte :) They push as fast as they can since afterall, it's not official release.
  12. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I confirm last pte crash when locally playing on a system with more than one planet. I mean server.exe crashes just before the initial countdown hits 0 : commander does not land and server.exe crashes.
  13. jables

jables Uber Employee

Just waking up, but give me a bit and I'll head in and revert back to last PTE build. Better than having it broken all weekend. Sorry bout that.
    Quitch, crizmess, FSN1977 and 2 others like this.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Putting in hours at the weekends. This guy.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  15. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Personally I can wait till Monday for this to be fixed, so others can test balance.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

This. PTE is just PTE; reverting it will set back tvinita's work as long as at least some people can test it.
    cwarner7264 and Murcanic like this.
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Still going to revert. Too many people not on these forums that will not understand what's going on, and we have too many default systems with more than 1 planet that will cause the crash :( will revert to the Wednesday or Thursday update. (forget which day it was)
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

reverted back to 77150-pte due to crash.
    cdrkf, FSN1977, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  19. s03g

s03g Member

I've found in the 77202 PTE version that the server only crashes with an AI being used on 2+ planet system, whereas if there are human players then the server doesn't crash, I'm able to play on a 5 planet system with this configuration. I hope that this will be of use to you :)

edit: I forgot to add that you can have the AI enabled but set the economy to 0 and again the server doesn't crash.
  20. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Sorry jables, no dice still loses connection to server while picking a spawn. ive never had an issue until this last PTE build and im running no mods. rolling it back didnt solve the issue either.