Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Darn :p
  2. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

the kraken (T2 submarine) is way OP :p
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. mastermufin

mastermufin New Member

Ah, still kinda new to the forums I guess,
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

GET REKT
    theseeker2, stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  5. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG]

Right now the Kraken screams inconsistency to me, with it's missiles being the only missiles that look like AA that don't fire at the air, and the stealth existing for the T2 sub but not T1. It has (I think) 1000 DPS with it's missiles, and 150 with it's torpedos, for a total DPS of 1150 which is iiiiiiinsane (compared to for example the BlueHawk which is half the cost but only has 250DPS). The model is awesome though, and I really like the idea behind the unit.

The Stingray buff is great.

Pelicans can't carry commanders nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. T2 transport that can carry commander please? :D

Narwhals having 3 weapons but Orcas only having one feels a bit strange, people have been saying Frigates OP, but it's too early to tell yet.
    Last edited: January 23, 2015
    xankar, Remy561, elodea and 1 other person like this.
  6. JWest

JWest Active Member

Is the removal of random map generation a permanent change? That was what I used almost every time I played, it seems like a pretty drastic change to me. The ability to randomly generate a new map every time was one of my favorite features.
    Obscillesk, mjshorty and Quitch like this.
  7. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

The build sounds epic. :cool:
    Reminds me quite a lot of the previous build, which was really nice as well!
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Sekret feature from stream: Units which can special-move (e.g. astraeus) can move in the air layer.
  9. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I love the change to the unit cannon radius spread :O
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  10. julien119

julien119 Member

The jigs will now destroy each other if placed with regular spacing. This only occurs if you do a area command that doesn't cover the entire gas giant. The area spacing command should be increased so that doesn't happen. The debuff to jigs of having avengers survive the explosion is enough.
  11. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Is it true that the Pelican can no longer carry the commander? Is that a bug or intended behaviour?

Because removing that would be devastating to game balance. It's the sole thing that ensures cheesy snipes aren't the favoured way to win the game.
  12. tvinita

tvinita Uber Employee

The pelican change is intended. Sorry it didn't get called out--I miss these things in my notes sometimes. Basically, I've heard cases for, I've heard cases against, I think there are valid points on both sides, so I want to give a weekend where the astraeus is the only thing that can transport commanders and see which option people seem to prefer.
    xankar, ArchieBuld, Murcanic and 5 others like this.
  13. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

I just read somewhere else (Another missing patch note?) that the Astraeus can now move about in the air layer.

So... doesn't that just make it another, slower Pelican anyways? As long as it's fast enough to dodge SSX snipes the Pelican won't be missed... but it also won't be used.
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Pelican is T1 now. It being the way it was would make com rushing early game way to OP in a variety of scenarios when you rush to a certain metal spot.
    Murcanic, julien119 and Quitch like this.
  15. chaser86

chaser86 New Member

The unit cannon spread is really awesome! :)
    @jables if the target of a unit cannon is a tree the units won't spread and all land on the same spot. Tried this on several maps and trees ;)
    Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Pelican could single handily turn the end-game into a grind where planet lockdown occurred. I don't see a situation where you can have a rapid transport for the commander which won't cause this to happen.
    mered4 and julien119 like this.
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I have never used a pelican, and I have never seen one used.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Well they're T1 now so you will.
  19. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I won't. Single unit transports have proved their uselessness plenty of times before - moving the commander with them was the best thing you could do with them and even that was a diceroll, all it takes is one suicidal fighter to end the game.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They are damn useful to quickly get fabbers to distance locations, as they move twice as fast as air fabbers, the transported fabber is more energy efficient and once it is dropped it doesn't instant die to enemy fighters.
    xankar and cdrkf like this.