Build 75539 is live!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 25, 2014.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

graphical bug with halleying people. This was the ice ladder map, i didnt check if its same for all maps or whether it was already reported. =x

[​IMG]

*Looks like i spoke too soon. Comm getting stuck alot on lava planet still. What's funny is both of our comms got stuck in this particular game.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: November 26, 2014
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

It seems like the commander must get through those factory's no matter what:p. Why go around if you can get through it XD

BTW @jables . A really really minor bug but the effect scale of the t1 vehicle factory death explosion is way too big. needs to be reduced to 1 or 1.2 Nice job on this update. It all looks really nice!
  3. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I know the ability to view other player's replays has been available for a while, but I never really used it before. I really love the new UI tweak to have the top 3 right there with a one-click option to watch a replay. I found this really informative and cool, and particularly unique to PA. It is good to see the power of the chronocam finally being leveraged - there is nothing like watching a fresh match from a top player, and actually having your own total camera control!

edit: one feature request - could we get a simple UI indicator (like changing the color of the button) if the video is 'new' or the same one we already watched? Would be nice as I could see myself watching quite a few of these each day.
    snierke, jorgenpt, drz1 and 3 others like this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I find it hard that tanks aren't best considering they have a dedicated AA and too much health to destroy completely.
    Honestly, the Replay Channel from Street Fighter 4 was one real shining factor on it. This game synergizing on the same things, is really good. Would even be nice to have the "replay list" sort matchmake'd, ffa, and teams, as well as a winner using a mostly tank army, bot army, air army, or naval army, as well as a game played on a 1 planet, 2 planet, multiplanet, or gas giant system.
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah believe it or not I have one passed a lot of tanks this build too. Was gonna check pa-db when I got home, because feel something has changed there. But it's all about the choke points, hummingbird meatshielding, defenders advantage ( I will have similar amount of ants from 4 factories as opponent 6 by the time they reach my front lines).
  6. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Let's hope that meatshielding in the air layer gets fixed at some point.

Apart from that: I must say that it's feels somewhat weird that choke points favor tanks so much more than bots. But then again, what did I expect when the Dox was solely defined by their agility and foremost dodging?
  7. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Nothing to fix. Imagine if you "fix" hummingbird meatshielding then you should also "fix" inferno meatshielding.

Having units that can tank is not a bad thing
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Depends on how they path around each other.
    Air units are different from ground, you can't compare them like that.
  9. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Plus, the comparison with Infernos is more than just lacking. Infernos, just as the Bumblebees, are melee ranged units. Both have above average DPS, AoE and survivability except against dedicated counter measures. So why should it be possible to meatshield the bomber, but not Infernos? And no, you can't shield Infernos due to their unresponsiveness (no cycling) and their short range (3rd row? Forget it).
  10. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

@jables can we try this for one patch?
  11. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

People leaving a game early really need a timeout. Right now you can ragequit and force the other person to sit through a three minute timeout. That's not really fair and it is already getting abused.
    Quitch likes this.
  12. jables

jables Uber Employee

Balance changes will be in next big patch. I can't guarantee which ones though :(
    drz1, ArchieBuld, Clopse and 3 others like this.
  13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Getting nothing but a black screen with this release..... No Mods installed.... I get bottom icons and music playing, but nothing else, If i hit escape key I can here the menus going on in the background...

[​IMG]

Attached my DxDiag

fyi - using latest Nvidia drivers 344.75 (launching via Uber launcher)

Attached Files:

14. cola_colin

As long as they are:

- substantial in the areas that we've talked about for month now
    - well explained
    - pte tested

I am sure it'll be a very interesting thing.
    Quitch, drz1, Clopse and 1 other person like this.
  15. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

BUG: Crash if you attempt to change the landing zone radius after doing CSG and metal spot editing.
  16. jables

jables Uber Employee

Ack! Will get that on the list for fix. Thanks for the report!
    emraldis likes this.
  17. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

God dang it. It's the bug that just won't die.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    It looks very shiny yes, but man does it chew up the screen, the main menu screen.

:/
    Remy561 and lokiCML like this.
  19. cola_colin

Well jables already told us that they are redoing the whole main menu in the next(?) update anyway, so it will stay like that until then. No point in putting more work into this version.
    cptconundrum, Remy561 and igncom1 like this.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Just wanted to ask, as it did look a little weird with it covering up the players default selected commander in the background.