[Bug] Nukes glitch at "water" planets and comm semi-invulnerable

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Martenus, March 16, 2014.

1. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

System:
    Tropical seed 29, radius 600, height 90, water 60

I believe it was due to the high terrain, the nukes when launched either did:

A) hover in the air, not exploding and not going anywhere
    B) quickly after launch, they went to the ground, through the ground and exploded on the other side of the planet (not in a location they were launched to)

I launched 4 nukes, neither did land properly.

Commander was semi-invulnerable on the same planet. Apparently T2 navy couldn't hit him and narwhals had a big problem targeting him. It was probably due to high ground of the ocean and high water level (it really was high in some places). Most units couldn't target him, until moved into some "perfect" location, from where they could have damage him at least a bit. Still took a super long time to kill him.
  2. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Well I dont think you guys should have included a Navy only map in the turnament, Naval combat is just not ready, and yeah bugs ;)
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why have you not linked to the bug tracker ticket I'm sure you've raised? ;)

I think part of the reason for the tournament is to test the game, see where it's broken. Naval maps allow for the devs to see how they're functioning in competitive play and adjust them.
    Zoliru likes this.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Probably the same bug that causes uber cannons to miss in water.