BRINK!!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by desertfalcon, May 6, 2011.

1. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

You got perma'd?
  2. That French Guy

That French Guy New Member

Yupz.

Anyway, don't trust IGN nor gamespot. They gave all the CoD's 9+ and any other shooter not higher than an 8. IGN is like the lowest on my list.
  3. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

It's true some of the reviews are less then glowing, however you should take every review, good or bad, with a grain of salt. A review is one persons perspective on a game, its all opinions and not magic end all be all.

They probably will dock points because maybe they are coming into the game with a strong multiplayer emphasise with a solo gamer mentality. Also if they review it on PC, it is currently seething with problems such as super laggy server menus and mouse acceleration and sub par performance in general.

I read a joystiq review earlier and just now read that the reviewer put two hours tops into the game before writing the review, take from that what you will. Deep customization in a class based objective heavy shooter is what it boils down to. If you're looking for a game with 20 maps and 30 game modes that all end up being TDM padding KD nonsense then this is not the game for you.

The game is fun, but I'm a sucker for classes in my shooters and vibrant colors which this game has.
  4. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I go for metascores on Metacritic, especially the user reviews.

72% Critic Score.
    63% User Score.

Ouch.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I don't trust reviews. I see a game that looks interesting, I try and or buy it. If I don't like it, it gets put up on Amazon a few days later. Lose maybe $10-20, not that big a deal.
  6. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Form your own opinion and stop reading reviews. Game is pimp and I don't care if gaming journalists say otherwise. Game industry people are twats anyhow.
  7. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

I agree, its like these reviewers see there is no KD, thus its not CoD, thus not a good shooter.
  8. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Most of what I'm hearing is complaints about poor map balance for attacking teams. After MNC, I have trouble playing games with crappy maps (Gears 3 beta maps are incredible, and Reach only has a couple of annoying maps).
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ok I will try to keep this short.

S.M.A.R.T works perfectly but you don't have to use. You can either hold 1 button or perform the action yourself. I.E Jumping and Sliding. You can jump over and unto anything and everything.

The Maps are balanced but this game requires a hefty amount of teamwork to win. 1 man can not win the whole match for the team, not even 3 can win it.

The matchmaking is great. It is just like Splash Damage's other console games where you choose what and how you want to play. Here are your options: Solo, Co-Op, Friends & Invites, Everyone. Very simple and to the point.

Lastly this game is VERY rewarding. I.E. "Oh he needs ammo. Here take some ammo." Oh sweet I got some XP and some visuals letting me know I did something cool and helped out.
  10. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

PC or 360? Can you tell us how the bot to human ratio is in a match? I get off work in an hour let's rock and roll.
  11. DeadStretch

360. No Bots unless you play Solo and/or Co-Op in which case they just fill in the slots for the rest of the players. A.I. is fairly smart as well.

[Edit]
    I did a bit of digging and I just found out you can also make your own lobby that can either be a Public or Private game.
  12. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Cool. What's your gamertag?
  13. DeadStretch

My gamertag is DEAD STRETCH (with a space) and I went the path of the Security.

Also the original post has a list of g-tags who are also playing. Not sure if they are all day 1's though.
  14. hostileparadox

Just got my copy delivered to my job from Amazon, and it doesn't not have the DLC code, way to go Amazon :roll:
  15. DeadStretch

Just give them a call, they''ll give you the code. Actually you might want to check you email. That's where they sent mine to.
  16. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Oh, the tutorial vid made me lol HARD. Did they say the same thing on the console?
  17. hostileparadox

Nothing there. Oh well, no big deal, it's all skins anyway.
  18. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Amazon will send your code by email a day or so afterwards.
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Right now i'm sitting in SEA-Tac(airport) because my plane popped a tired and I missed my connection. why couldn't brink come out on the 11th? I'm sad now.
  20. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

I dunno why I didn't post here earlier, but the game is good. It feels like it could use a little tightening up here and there, but by no means is it bad. If someone could add me to the GT list, mine is FrenzyTEC.