BREAKING NEWS: NASA Sucks at Rockets

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, October 29, 2014.

1. Devak

Devak Post Master General

2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Unless that's not what went wrong.
  3. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

That part was over exaggerated on purpose.:p

But it is what they say, they want to bring civilians without years of astronaut training to space for the purpose of traveling around the world at superspeed, which is what spaceplanes do. They want to make this kind of traveling 'normal'. That is to say, if you can afford it. :rolleyes:

But it is good to see that we don't really need rockets to make it into space... if you can call 100km above earth space of course.
  4. Geers

Er... There's still a rocket motor there. It's just that most of the heavy lifting is done by aerodynamics first.
  5. stonewood1612

A rocket motor does not make a whole rocket. And a spaceplane isn't a rocket like a Saturn V.:p
  6. Geers

Yeah but there's still rocket stuff in there. So it doesn't count as proof we don't need rockets to go into space.
  7. stonewood1612

Do I really need to rephrase that with rockets I mean the type of spacecraft, not the type of engine? Is a space shuttle a rocket? No, it external rocket used to launch it is, but the spaceship isn't even though it still has three engines on rocket fuel.

A spaceplane launches without an external rocket... that's my point. Full stop.
  8. Geers

Well since it achieves lift with explosions and not aerodynamics, I'm pretty sure it's technically a rocket :p.
  9. Geers

In order to actually give the topic a little legitimate discussion: