Bouncers, what the...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mastah, March 28, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

plus you waste your grapple cooldown
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Well, without grapple she can kill a Bouncer fairly quick with the sword. On spunky Cola Arena, I find myself chasing down Bouncers that are Harassing some of our other teammates and being able to do little else.
  3. MetalGrunt400

MetalGrunt400 New Member

^ This, it gets really annoying even if i'm a assassin
  4. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

The only thing that bothers me is an actual bug regarding them. They constantly just warp onto players. Their lunges dont show. They just magically appear right on top of me and on other players, and half the time they arent even facing the right way when they do this.
    I have even seen them charging backwards towards teammates, I guess attacking with farts. They seem to be deadly

I dont have lag. This happens on every server regardless of ping or how smooth everything else is. Only bouncers have this warping behavior.

As far as them being harder to take out, I hadnt really noticed. I typically take out two at a time with little fall-back or time spent. Level-3 Product Grenades get the job done pretty fast, coupled with a little flame throwing and a charge.
    Skills recharge quickly enough that you can spam them safely as long as you are on you side of the arena. Being in the middle means replacing your charge with a slight fall-back or deploy (Level-3 Product grenade is still the way to go because you will take out a few Slim Bots too), but in any case they are no threat, aside from the invisible lunge.

L. Spiro
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, bouncers on spunky are goddamn insane now

It was ok when their lunge did no damage upon missing, but now that it does a ton, they're more of a threat than most players. They lunge, deal a big chunk, then immediately melee and do another big chunk. It's bad enough that they have the health of 5 tanks and a long grapple animation. They don't need to be outright killing people at the same time

I agree with L-Spiro about their lunge being instant. They so often just come out of nowhere (usually right after I just hit juice) with a grab.
  6. Penelope

Penelope New Member

...Glad to see others mentioning this.

On Uber Blitz servers and in Single Player Blitz the Bouncers have been insane.

Coming out of the left side spawn they appear and then are instantly pouncing you near the Moneyball. If you were fighting Gremlins at the time you'd better be Juiced. :shock:
  7. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Spunky bouncers.

Am I the only one actually liking them on spunky? It makes the map a tad more unique from the rest.
  8. Mastah

Mastah New Member

It already made it more unique. Now it's unique AND incredibly annoying.
  9. corducken

corducken Member

When bouncers jump at you, it apparently inflicts "charge" damage and apparently it credits the kill to the last person to damage you, even for bouncers spawned by Spunky Cola. This results in gunners, supports, etc getting charge-based kills.

There's a whole slew of incorrectly-applied charge "kills" bugs with the latest patch. People have died for absolutely no reason and it would be attributed with a charge icon. I played one crossfire match and both an assassin and I corner a tank. I grapple the tank with the grenade launcher while the assassin spazzes out trying grapple and suddenly for no reason after the grapple ends, she dies with no killer listed to a "charge".

It's complete and total crap.
  10. Kaeldian

Kaeldian New Member

I don't like them autospawning on Spunky at all. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the player-spawned ones even when they get spammed. But when both teams are getting hit with a constant attack of bouncers in spunky, it more or less forces the map into overtime because both teams now have to expend more energy dealing with the bouncers than actually trying to make progress into each other's territory. As both a Gunner I'm expending more time protecting my support buddies from them than taking down turrets. As a Sin, I'm expending more time peeling them off my teammates than keeping the enemy bot line back. BOTH TEAMS are going through this, and thus both teams are being held back from making any progress into each other's territory.

While technically balanced, I believe it is counter productive to helping the game come to a conclusion. Although I will admit, it does increase the pressure of the game as it reaches it's dramatic conclusion with overtime and Jackpot spam. *chuckles* But no, leave the bouncers to the players to spawn.
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Agreed on all counts
  12. killien

killien Active Member

No, it won't. Kills don't get credited to a person unless they delivered the killshot.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

The kill message in the top-right makes it look like the person got kill credit. I'm pretty sure they just get an assist though
  14. killien

killien Active Member

Probably. Tho it isn't unusual to see the cam of the last person to kill you if you kill yourself
    Ex: Die by PlayerX, see cam on him, respawn, walk off edge of map, see his cam again