Borderlands Tournament

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by TOM12121112, March 25, 2011.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

Gothalion is hosting a free entry Borderlands tournament over at the GBX forums. Before everyone freaks the F out, it is not a PvP tournament, it's PvE. teams of 2 play in the 5 round underdome arenas and which ever team gets the most total kills moves on.

1) Teams consist of 2 members, no regulations on class or spec

2) Series locations will be selected by the team NOT hosting the current game

3) Team with the most kills at the end of a 5 round match wins the match (present screenshot of round 5 scoreboard for proof. Or have both teams announce the winner. Preferably the screenshots)

4) Team that wins 2 out of 3 matches wins the series and progresses through the bracket

5) If a player takes a knee and fully bleeds out, sending them to the penalty box, that player will have 10 kills deducted from thier score

6) No use of modded items promitted. If opposing team believes gear being used is modified the match will be put up for review. Were using the honor system here people. I know there are prizes at stake but dont be a douche bag. Also no use of know game exploits are permitted. Vengeance glitch, Berserker glitch, so on so forth.

7) If a team for any reason misses a scheduled series and fails to reschedule it within 24 hours, that team will forfeit the series and the opposing team will move forward by default.

8) Internet speeds/pings permitting, hosting duty should be traded between matches. Starting with the team who has the player with the best connection/ping, then going to a player on the other team with the better connection. If a team doesnt have a suitable host then by default the other team will host all matches in the series. When registering your team. If you plan to host ANY matches, you are required to post the internet speed/ping of the player that will host. These can be found at http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.pingtest.net . These sites give forum codes for the results img. This again is a requirement if you intend to host any matches. If you fail to provide these images you will forfeit the right to host. New forum members will not be permitted to host. This is a matter of reputation. Players with bugged missions will not be permitted to host -Talk to tanis - Keep your insides inside - etc

9) Registration will last for an undefined period so check back preferably daily to see if your first match is set. Following registration teams will be put into a bracket for the first round match ups and a 4 day period to have the matches in. If one team goes MIA and does not attempt to contact thier opponent they will forfeit.

10) Both members of a team must sign up for these Gearbox forums and a link to each members profile must be give in the sign up reply

11) In the occasion that a team member goes missing and cannot be reached prior to round one match ups, a replacement may be named for said member. Though, No substitutions may be made after first round matches.

also: PRIZES!

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh ... p?t=118163
    Last edited: March 28, 2011
  2. destructamental

destructamental New Member

If anyone wants to partner up for this I'm in. I've got a 69 Siren with really good gear. If we get serious, I'll start leveling my other weapons. The only 50 I have is in SMGs.
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

im really interested in how this thing goes. i dont know what class i would use though. i think brick would work out well. partnered up with rev and lilith/brick seem to work well together.
  4. F5in

F5in New Member

Borderlands fights are ****ing HORRIBLE.
  5. Runie

Runie New Member

It's all about who gets their special off first
  6. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

It's an underdome tournament. Not PvP.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

8. F5in

F5in New Member

My statement still stands.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

free entry. prizes. all i needed to hear to sign up.
  10. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

Sounds cool but I'm a lvl 1 offline Hunter
  11. Gothalion

Gothalion New Member

Got what it takes to take the crown from the king?

(come get some)

<3

In all seriousness these tournaments are the most fun ive had in BL. Hoping to see some new faces.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

GAH!

didnt know you were registered here...
  13. destructamental

Pearls are allowed I'm assuming?
  14. F5in

F5in New Member

Most pearls suck anyway.
  15. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Off topic, but I don't know if you knew but we were waiting for you so we could play grand prize. :(
    naka333 likes this.
  16. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

any gear, any calsses, any skill arrangements so long as none of them are modded.
  17. destructamental

Anyone wanna run with my Siren?
  18. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I'll give it a go.
  19. F5in

F5in New Member

I sent both Jack and Futtbuck a message saying I couldn't be there because I was going to a friend's house at like 6. They said the match was sometime after 10 so even with timezone differences, they should have gotten the message well before.
  20. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

the best farmed stuff wins... or modded?