Boost FPS on a NVIDIA card !

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by canadiancommander, September 29, 2013.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They both have DVI, I just haven't gotten around to getting the cables.
  2. earth75

earth75 Member

You should, because VGA quality is not up to today's standards. It deserves the same bin as Composite and Peritel.
    DVI-I is the only Analog solution that still makes sense today because it supports high resolutions, but DVI-D and HDMI are finishing it.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

VGA supports 1080 × 1920 =o
  4. earth75

earth75 Member

Yeah but with what framerate? Plus you get a noticeable blur from the pixels being composited together. This is why DVI was created in the first place.VGA was designed to bring video to 70Hz 640x480 CRT monitors in the 80's.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

The dollar increased a lot in value the last couple of months, a quick google search shows:
    1 Euro equals 1.08 US Dollar, so my 250 euro screen would be 270 dollars.

It used to be that 1 Euro was equal to 1.25 US Dollar or more last year so yeahh I'd say they are almost equal now :)
    Last edited: April 22, 2015
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Since the USA decided that Europe was having too much fun with this strong currency business.
    Remy561 likes this.
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

For me, the tear line usually sits right in the center of the screen.
    earth75 likes this.
  8. earth75

earth75 Member

Which means tat you get a steady 120 fps (because its twice 60). This can mean that your system goes way beyond the specs and can push 219784 fps, but the game limits them to 120 (pretty frequent, though its mostly changeable now due to 144 Hz monitors) and thus you get two images per frame. noice.
  9. hc289

hc289 New Member

Hi guys,

Just to confirm on a system running Ubuntu 16.04 with the packaged proprietary nvidia drivers I got MUCH less slowdown when I:

1. Disabled the steam overlay
    2. Created a profile in the Nvidia control panel that turned on Threading optimisations

I'm not sure which one did it, or whether it was both - but hurrah!
    tracert likes this.
  10. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

Thank you so much for this. It has made so much difference to the single player games that I play. :) :)