BoltAktion's Assassin compendium

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by BoltAktion, October 5, 2010.

1. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I'm just messing with you.
  2. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Jen was spot on in her reply.

I kill pros, But I do not roam them map looking to pick a fight.
    Like I stated in the guide, you want to kill off targets of opportunity.
    It's much better to engage an enemy who is in the middle of a gun fight or low hp then to try a backstab on a guy who is "Camping"
  3. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

The underlined words are so crucial to good assassin play, particularly the point about efficiency.
  4. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

And that is why you fail as an assassin. The only time I hunt for players is when I hear "Oh no, ______ is on the other team. Game over." or if they killed me (I'm a huge believer in payback kills). Once I hear that, _______ is dead meat. Nothing more fun than annoying the "best" player on the other team.
  5. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Made some edits to reflect the patch changes.
    Will hopefully be adding more eventually
    Possibly map strats and such
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Thank you for this build! Assassin is not my type of playstyle but your guide has helped me a lot. My Xbl is up tomorrow and I am trying to get the lvl 99 before then. With that I need to play classes I don't/haven't really played. That bad part is your Assassin is so good everyone quits. I could be so close to 99 but getting dropped mid game loses all my stats. I really think that needs to be fixed.

A+ from me. The short vs. long match upgrade order is great.
  7. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Thanks! I'm glad it has been helpful for you.
    Ya..the quits...THE HORROR!
    Think I posted about quits in another thread, you should too, I'm sure its around here somewhere.

Feel free to pm me or ask questions, I'm here to help!
  8. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Yes, quits are somewhat common when bolt's a sin, you should see when me and him are both sin and stick together for a whole game :D
  9. Scias19

Scias19 New Member

thanks mate this guide will really help me out with my Assassin
  10. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Shameless self bump

Will be editing the guide once I play some more with the dlc
  11. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I missed you <3
  12. DEMONIC HAT

DEMONIC HAT New Member

Hello, rather new to the forums but I play pretty much the same style sin you say you do and would like to offer some input regarding the Spunky Cola DLC. First off, I was unaware about the turrets being able to see through cloak lvl 1, and have had MANY wtf moments blaming lag for that, so thanks in a big way. Anyways, lets get to it. My endorsements are

Gold - RoF
    Silver - Armor
    Bronze - Skill Recovery (pretty much for SB and Dash as I stand idle observing the field around me, and speed endorsement can be made up with the endless bots I kill with speed pickups.)

I'll explain why. Being a turret / bot hack and slash type player, my DPS is more of a survivability issue than actual armor. If I can kill it before it hits me all the better. A little discovery I've found against rock-it turrets is that coming out of cloak lvl 2 or better (now that I know the previously mentioned tip of yours) is that with the gold RoF, I can get 2 slashes in before I have to smoke bomb, and then fully finish the turret off without taking a lick of damage.

Silver armor is just more practical to me now considering the new update about not being able to hear a friendly cloaked assassin. I can spend less time in cloak because I also follow your killing pro's is at the bottom of the priority list, and avoid them at all costs, and silver is usually enough to get to a safe spot if I get surprised at mid-range. Just feels like assault and gunners are WAY to much of killing machines now that I really just go pro hunting after all turrets are dead and have juice. I never hold a Juice bar, because I feel as though it's being wasted if there are no turrets to attack, yet I have a juice bar just sitting there.

Also my build progression is as follows.

Spawn - Passive 2, Dash 2 (Helps me to get where I need to be, and kill what I need to kill faster)
    Cloak 2 (Now obvious to me why I do this, thanks again LOL)
    Passive 3
    Dash 3
    Smoke Bomb 2 (Never 3, feels like it's just a waste)
    Cloak 3 ONLY if I feel I will need it for the particular round, but I absolutely love the 100% crit rate I can obtain with the S. Launcher by tapping cloak as I reload it to ensure the entire clip is a crit shot for taking down turrets at a distance.

Idk, kinda wordy, may or may not be worth it but just felt like throwing it out there. Enjoy everyone and thank you for the great guide, you cover pretty much everything else people need.
  13. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Try upgrading straight to passive three first, your lunge is all the dash you'll need early game.

Also, smoke 3's duration/radius is pretty decent, and since you can't buy a lot of juice anymore, it's not too bad to try out.

All in all, good stuff
  14. DEMONIC HAT

DEMONIC HAT New Member

I'll try the straight to passive 3 when I get home this afternoon. My preference is dash to stay cloaked if I get in a tight spot though so we'll see. And as far as smoke bomb 3 goes I just think the $400 is best spent else where (annihilator, gremlins, rebuild our turrets on spawn if I see a dead one) seeing as how personally I only bomb to escape a surprise, or blind a turret if I'm not juiced. I already got the escape pro tag so I'm not really aiming for that anymore and just use bomb for emergency situations now. But thanks for putting it out there, someone else may use that tactic still.

Edit: also on the passive 3 thing, the tactic of two swings then bomb a rock-it turret coming out of cloak and taking zero damage is with passive 2. So I use the money gained doing that to get skills faster, or just flat out win the round because it catches the other team off guard when their money ball is downed in the first two mins of the game ;)
    Last edited: December 6, 2010
  15. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

16. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

mine and bolt's guides have been up forever