Blank Server List

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Hildogen, January 4, 2011.

1. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Hey Uber Guys, long time no see, thanks for the PC port! Unfortunately I've come across a problem that is not allowing me to play. Yesterday I crashed during a game, so when I loaded it back up I got a Steam message saying something about how my local content didn't match with the server content and that if I continued I would lose saved data. But like a chuckle head I just ignored it and continued. Now every time I refresh the server list nothing comes up. I rebooted the game, my computer, and my internet several times. I even tried reinstalling the game. No matter what I do, I can never get anything to appear on my server list (yes I checked the filters as well). Also, when I try to join on a friend via the steam friend list it will now always say "Server is not responding". It never used to connect me before, but it would at least show the server name and who was in the game.

Thanks guys,
    Hildogen
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Go to your Steam game library, right-click on MNC, open the properties. Now go to the tab Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Steam will now check if your installed version is broken and fix it.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

Probably a router issue, experienced the same thing on router firmware 1.4 on my router. yet on firmware 1.3 or 1.2 serverlist shows correctly

open one of your launch.log files, you will see Ip adresses and server names in it(yes the game does query for server, but due to some network related error it does not show them). pick a server to play on, note the ip adress. now open the console ( ` ) and type:
    open <IP adress>
    You will see that if there is a spot open you will be able to join the server.

Workaround until the netcode is fixed.
  4. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Where is that file located?

Unfortunately Col, it doesn't seem like that did the trick =/

BTW if I remember correctly, you originally couldn't play because you didn't have a 360. Are you able to play now?
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

you can find them in Documents>My Games>Unreal Engine>Hostilegame>Logs
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Oh well, it was worth a shot. I thought Steam might have messed up the last patch.

Yes, I can play now! Have been playing >50 hours since the PC beta is out. :)
  7. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Well the work around worked...sort of. It gets me into a game but everything is super lag-a-riffic. If this actually is a router problem then I don't understand why the game was working fine for several days. I also think is an odd coincidence that this started happening after a crash and a strange error message. I really want to play but don't know what to do =(