Binary Stars - 2v2 tournament with $200 prize

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, April 23, 2015.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

And we're out. Thanks to everyone who played, everyone who watched and congratulations to our winners. We'll have VODs up shortly and another event to announce shortly.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Thanks to Exodus and our casters who were as frustrated as we were at that last game lol (so close yet so far) :p

Hopefully we put on a reasonable show at least :)

Edit: Also Congrats to the winners, seriously tough last game that :p
    tunsel11 likes this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

well casted guys ... general thx for hosting the tourney ... hope to see more good stuff in the future ...
    and more casters ... and viewers ... and players ... ... yea ask for a lot ... but one can dream right?
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

my salt dissolved but gotta admit mot and I didn't practice for these maps at all...

anyway, i still think there should have been bigger planets and/or multiplanet systems since it's a 2v2. You can pretty much have one person manage one planet and the other manage the other planet. But really it's not even hard to manage 4 planets by yourself unless it's a 4v1.

why would i play small maps on the first RTS with more than 1 planet allowed if i could just play sc2?
  5. MrTBSC

multiplanet lacks a lot of fluidity without access to earlymultiunittransports or ways to invade heavily defended planets and also is prone to lot of downtime between encounters both early game or for when a player has been driven off a constested planet ...
    tournaments require to be fun, engaging and to keep both players AND audience add their toes ...
    i personaly don´t think multiplanetplay is yet on a stage were it is truely e-sportworthy ...
    the way this tournament was setup allowed for games to have constant action going on

and realy ... the last thing i want to see is a 3 hour match were armies slow to a crawl because players constantly build stuff without engaging each other ...
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Clopse likes this.
  6. cdrkf

Multi planet with multi planet spawns is quite fluid thanks to gates- Clan Wars proved that one :)

Admittedly it can get slow if everyone is on one planet though.
  7. MrTBSC

the thing is armytransitions between planets need to be as easy as moving armies from point a to b on a planet ...
    yes teleports allow that but they always require you to have already a foothold and unitcannons require too much metal as well as techprogression and their units to be build from themselves instead of using units build from factories ...
  8. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Are the VODs up yet?
  9. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Thanks exodus, great night.
  10. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Hey, at least we survived ~26 minutes against the PA Gods... :D
    ...was quite fun!
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

Thanks @Alpha2546 , was fun playing with ya and hope to play team PAG for some rematches. :)
    Clopse and cdrkf like this.
  12. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

GGs everyone!

Had fun playing this and i would probably join another of these events (but please make the maps bigger cause kiwi).
  13. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

You mean something like ... prebuild, indestructible, permanently linked and non-player-owned XXL-teleporters present at map generation? Actually 2-3 of these per planet? So that early expansion is free from any delays and, later on, there is always at least one guaranteed beachhead to each large landmass which thereby remains heavily contested?
    xankar likes this.
  14. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Was out all day yesterday so couldn't watch this event, really wanted to - are the videos up yet?
  15. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Large maps are horrible to play on. Any large map yesterday was decided by air. Build more air and you win the game. This isn't fun to play and has no strategy. It's just the current balance though so can be fixed with some adjustments to air, but until then 500- 600 maps are ideal imo.
    xankar and Alpha2546 like this.
  16. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah I lovd re watching the tournament the next day but hotbox doesn't save/ didnt save so have to wait for exodus to fix.
  17. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

that would be cool
  18. MrTBSC

... OOOOOH ABSSSOOOOLUUUUTELY ..... not ...
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

VICTORY!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    xankar likes this.
  20. cdrkf

And not one of you miserable lot voted for me and max, or the viewers on the streem for that matter :p