Beta Mod Changes

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by o, September 25, 2013.

1. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

I've edited post #153 above slightly; the community_extra field turned out to be confusing and ultimately unnecessary. I'm changing the JS APIs to pass-through the original modinfo.json content instead (instead of the processed internal state), so the extra fields won't be lost; I'll just add some new fields from the processed state instead. Just FYI.
    Last edited: June 26, 2014
    wondible likes this.
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Nice move ! We should be able to manage the ui_mod_list array directly from a mod (and maybe it could be part of common.js later ^^)

Next step : enabling/disabling mods from without restarting PA ^^
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Challenge: last I checked, only the mods in mods.json at game start are visible in the merged filesystem. So you might be able to toggle the ui hooks for non-shadow mods using a separate mechanism to track enabled state, but we can't do a full mod manager without further engine support.
  4. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Yes, mods loading & mounting is done when you start PA, by "next step", I meant for Uber :p
    At best, like you said, we could somehow manage enabling/disabling non-shadow mods by managing the ui_mod_list arrays.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

So... What exactly is the deal with the server mod changes implemented in the PTE? I'm not sure exactly what the benefit is and it means a heck of a lot of work for those who've authored large server mods.
  6. aevs

aevs Post Master General

The separation of server mods and client mods into their own folders / using their own own mods.json files seems a bit odd to me. Planet type mods are a good example; I could be wrong here, but as far as I can tell I need to have separate mods for a mod that affects both the system editor and the server. If there were a context option for "all" or something along those lines, there would be no need to shadow the terrain files in both the server and client contexts separately.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This is also a problem for mods that add units, and being able to see them with the Unit database mod - an "all" or "both" would be very handy.
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Ingame API still only show the Uber properties.
    Code:
    api.mods.getMountedMods("client", function (mod_array) {
      console.log(mod_array);
    });

"server" mods aren't mounted until the lobby creation.
  9. Zachattack525

Zachattack525 New Member

umm... I can get to the planetary annihilation folder, but there is no mods folder... I would use PAMM but my PC says it's unsafe.
  10. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

PAMM is not unsafe.
    Ksgrip, cola_colin, cdrkf and 3 others like this.
  11. Zachattack525

Zachattack525 New Member

I know, and I fixed the issue. I just turned on silent mode for Norton for a little bit
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Well there's your problem.
    lokiCML, cola_colin and Nicb1 like this.
  13. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Norton.......
    Sigh, wonder why people still use that piece of junk.

Seriously go get yourself some free antivirus such as avast, heck anything other than Norton. You'll thank me later for suggesting this.
    stuart98 likes this.