Beta Build 61694

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 19, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Ahh... I was talking about keys stuff could be bound to...

Here is a screenshot of my keyboard in PA.

Capture.PNG

Most stuff are unit controls, and the hotbuild stuff doesn't include every unit/building. Certainly isn't as efficient as it could be.

Edit: I have a question.

IN this thread, I can delete my posts.
    DeletePost.PNG
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/beta-build-61250-61450.56611/page-5

In this thread, I cannot.
    Double Post.PNG
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/basic-vs-advanced-make-up-your-mind.56725/page-2#post-878682

Why?
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You can delete your post if its (currently) the last post in a thread. Useful for accidental double-posts, or if ninja'd etc.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

61694 was just pushed live. This is a very limited update to the game that is focused on some client crashes, performance optimizations, etc.
    drz1, Raevn and Clopse like this.
  5. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Still a black screen on the Intel HD4000 on Linux though. :(
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

In game, or across the board? What drivers? (I'm not sure if there are multiple driver sets for Intel HD on Linux)

If it's just in game, have you tried disabling HDR and other settings?
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Obviously open source drivers.
    Game still using 3.0 core context on Linux.
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, as @SXX said, the open source drivers, which are the official drivers available since Intel is very open sourcy as far as I know.
    It's the main menu screen that's black. Sound plays and the invisible buttons react. This started happening when the OpenGL stuff was reworked in build 61250. I'm on the latest drivers:
    Code:
    [20:58:11.938] INFO OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    [20:58:11.938] INFO OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
    [20:58:11.938] INFO OpenGL Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.2.0-devel
    [20:58:11.938] INFO OpenGL Shader Language Version: 1.30
    [20:58:11.938] INFO Vendor flag set to Intel.
    With SXX's help, we tried to up the OpenGL versions using environment variables, so we got:
    Code:
    [20:31:01.852] INFO OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    [20:31:01.852] INFO OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
    [20:31:01.852] INFO OpenGL Version: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.2.0-devel
    [20:31:01.852] INFO OpenGL Shader Language Version: 1.50
    [20:31:01.871] INFO Dump written to /tmp/20704e57-a068-59e3-44be69de-708d75bb.dmp
    [20:31:01.871] INFO Upload command: /home/jarno/Games/PA/crashupload -c /tmp/checkpoint.cpk -p Platform=linux -p Program=client -p TitleId=4 http://uberent.com/GameClient/SubmitCrashReportWithDump /tmp/20704e57-a068-59e3-44be69de-708d75bb.dmp
    [20:31:03.775] INFO upload finished with exit code 0
    Segmentatiefout (geheugendump gemaakt)
    But as you can see, then it just crashes. As far as I understand this is true for every Linux user using the Intel HDxxxx's. (The black screen part, I don't know about the segfault)

EDIT:
    Oh, crap. I stumbled upon a fix? It works when I start PA like:
    MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 ./PA
    That makes no sense? It uses 3.0 by default. It's still a black screen when I leave out the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 part. Weird...

Well, that's nice. :)
    That only leaves the invisible cursor bug, so while I have your attention, please consider integrating this little fix in the client.

EDIT 2:
    It crashes when trying to enter a game though. Specifically, when trying to render the planets. Even SXX's content.json fix didn't work there anymore...
    Last edited: February 26, 2014
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's pretty interesting find. Looks like game using GLSL 3.3! Might be it's just display invalid info in log. :rolleyes:
    Going to check that. I'll post more details to bugtreacker: PA#3057
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

GLSL 1.50.11 (#version 150), OpenGL 3.2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL_Shading_Language#Versions

OpenGL 3.3 changed to GLSL #version 330, and since then have had their GLSL version match the OpenGL version. OpenGL 3.2 is basically the minimum version of OpenGL with the features we need for doing efficient instanced rendering.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes I know that, but for some reason PA on Linux able to compile GLSL 1.5 (GL 3.2) shaders when 3.0 or 2.1 context forced. And on Intel HD it's even able to generate planets totally fine, obviously without impostors.

Possible it's related to how PA handle GL context creation on other platforms, but I'm not sure. Main problem for open drivers that game still using lot of deprecated stuff that was removed from 3.1 core profile and newer. So I trying to understand how to make it's barely work.
  13. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yeah, that's not surprising we still have deprecated calls in there. Main changes we made were moving from varying to in / out attribute definitions, stopped using gl_FragColor, and slap a #version 150 on everything. Modern OpenGL drivers just happen to be so damn accommodating when it comes to accepting deprecated code though.

The Intel graphics were the one thing I was worried about when we made the switch as even the official drivers are inconsistent with what version of OpenGL they support.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Unfortunately Mesa (like OS X GL stack) don't support GL_ARB_Compatibility. :(

E.g there is default compatibility 3.0 profile that support deprecated features, but 3.1 and higher only support core profile. So PA basically crash on start with 3.2/3.3 forced due to "glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS)" usage because it's was removed in 3.1.

On Linux open source drivers it's official drivers of Intel and they have performance parity with Windows drivers.

As long as I know there is about 30 Intel employees working on Mesa full time. E.g they handle development of GLSL compiler and implement most of extensions within Mesa core as well as Piglit tests for them (open source GL compatibility tests, at least AMD use those for proprietary drivers as well).
    Last edited: February 26, 2014
  15. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

Looks that there is the need to clean up some code, stop mixing old glsl functions with new glsl functions. Seems like properatiory drivers have better time handing old opengl functions with new. You can't get good performance off of old glsl calls on a game like this, it still works well for games like minecraft and vendetta-online but not for this level of game. Hopefully linux development is focused on more for this game, as with new linux gaming platforms coming out like the Steam Machine Box.

Its seems like the graphics quality settings could be used to change what version of opengl is used or explicitly have an option in the graphics settings to select the opengl version like some directx games have it where you can select between directx 9.0 or 11
  16. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

We won't be doing this. We had an OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL 3.1 path for a while, though not selectable through options, but we came to the conclusion that supporting OpenGL 2.1 at all wasn't worth while as there was just no way to get that path performant with the scale of the game we have. If you can only run OpenGL 2.1, you weren't going to have a good experience running the game, so we killed it.
    MCXplode and Quitch like this.
  17. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

good I guess I don't use the opensource drivers so I don't know what the deal is there with glsl versions on linux as long as all the old opengl calls are eventually eliminated
  18. macstew

macstew New Member

Hi guys
    after updating i got this error:
    Error connecting to UberNet: SSL Certificate problem, berify that the CA cert is OK.
    Details: error: 14090086 :SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verified failed
    Unknow Error. Please contact us at support@ubernet.com
  19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

eroticburrito likes this.
  20. macstew

macstew New Member