Beta Build 61694

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, February 19, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You don't need it with Nvidia because Ubuntu have all latest drivers in main reprository.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Last edited: February 21, 2014
    Quitch likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

So why do those not fill themselves with textures?
    Only the the primary holodeck and the first pip in live_game.html are given a full planet view for some reason. That's the only difference between those holodecks. hmmmm
    I don't actually have time to do any modding now, need to go to work. But this evening I'll try out how I can set PA up to fill all my 3 screens with lots of pips :D

EDIT:
    Actually assuming I can get the html to work I think the current build has everything needed for at least dual screen play. If I can get more holodecks to work multiscreen basically is in there already. Amazing work Uber.
    trialq and dfanz0r like this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

What's needed a is a mod which automatically keeps the PIP on the direct opposite side of the planet from you.
  5. carnilion

carnilion Member

awesome build, the ai is even more aggressive now, if conquers and defends the orbital layer and doesnt waste so mutch resources on building defence now anymore. also it can defend another planet very good...got hit by an air attack that a human player could not do better (ok it didnt build nuke defence so i had easy game but well...nobody is perfect ;) ). seems only thing it cannot do is planetary invasion....lets wait for the unit-cannon-build-in-build ;)
  6. Quitch

Wong topic :)
  7. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

2 Things:

1 - Bomb bots are bugged. I can't get them to attack 2/3 times.

2 - Regarding the planetary invasion stalemate situation - why not astraes drop? I just did this to a guy who had AA all over and I managed to drop about 50 adv bots on him. With area load it's viable. A bit expensive but if you can't crack him then... I also managed to build a TP on a built up planet(granted he is new) but 6 orb fabbs can do it - esp with PiP you can do it as soon as you finish building
  8. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

• We are now able to start rolling out the new launcher in a limited fashion. We hope to start this on Friday, February 21st. For now, the launcher is limited to Windows and Mac. Please keep an eye on our forums in the beta section for more details.
    finally :) :D:D:D:D
  9. shootall

shootall Active Member

I don't have time to check again right now but gunships moved very strange in a game i just did vs AI. They'd move like you'd expect for a bit but after they got to where they where supposed to (the end of a move order or they killed what they where supposed to attack) they sort of started banking and drifting. Super strange.

Edit:

Reproduced it, time to lose my bugtracker virginity!

edit2:

http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3089
  10. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

And now my screen is black when i start a game, it didnt do that in 61250
  11. Quitch

F5 to resolve
  12. starstream2

starstream2 Member

SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND

at the end of the changelog it ses something about a new launcher

is there a launcher MK III know ?

if so were can i get it
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Not yet.
  14. starstream2

starstream2 Member

ok may i ask WHEN can i and evreeone else get the MK III launcher ? it seas thay hope to have it avaible by 21 of FEBRUARY wich was yesterday
  15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If it's not appear it's mean developers wasn't ready to release it.

Usually Uber don't give any ETAs so watch forums and you'll see when new launcher appear.
  16. starstream2

starstream2 Member

ok wich page on the forum? this one
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

All new versions announcements placed in this sub forum, e.g "Beta Issues & Bugs". I mostly sure launcher will be here too.
  18. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

AI suggestion:
    It should put a lot more effort into T2 vehicles. I played a game against it where I basically made a small turtle base and tried to see how long I could live. I now wonder if this is why so many people try to play like that in FFA: it's works pretty well against the AI. By far the biggest threat the AI presents is nukes.

It likes to send lots of clumps of units at you nonstop and does a good job of trying to come in from different angles but it never built any T2 vehicles. I think if it had made T2 flame tanks or Shellers, it would have smacked me down or at least forced me to be more aggressive. The groups it sent were pretty much T1 vehicles and bots with some T2 bots mixed in. Those were easily dealt with by basic laser turret + wall + combat bot defenses.

I would also have it put more emphasis on ground forces in general. I thought it took an awfully long time to ramp up on ground factories given that it had the whole map.

Other than that, though, I thought it was fairly impressive. Sending groups around to come in from different angles and trying to build artillery that could hit the edge of my base was nice (it would constantly try to build within range of my Catapult, though...)
    stormingkiwi and Quitch like this.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Built vanguards versus me. Come to think of it, it is wierd. It did build them come to think of it, but not on main planet and never sent them at me, just on the base they moved to off planet and just sent them when I got on planet. Was able to repel them with gil-es but I specifically saw them (and levelers too).
  20. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

@the devs

In regards to the picture thing, are there plans for other minimap style options for those who don't have a super rig? Although performance testing against the AI seemed okay with one up.